Who's Online
0 registered and 34 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
Mog, GreenGems, Minzuki, evaker, juffsion
83 Registered Users
Top Posters
Cerberus
Charon
MacTORG
Kim
carmy
Muod
Shadowraith
Minstrel
sabu
Rancid
Recent Topics
Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1735 - 04/09/08 07:06 PM Crit Tables
Rancid Offline

I remember reading the mineral list in 96' and being excited about the different mineral types that would be released "in time" as it says on the list. I was thinking that it would be 3 or 4 months. I realized after 2 years that it wasn't likely to happen any time soon. Now that it is 12 years later you guys can see it has been a long time coming.

At that time the best mineral type going was eog. To the best of my knowledge it used the aether crit table even though the mineral list says the WC bonus was "nulification". I am not even sure what crit table that is from.

Personally, I understand that the aether crit table was broken and needed to be removed; however, aether had the most fun and exciting looking crits I have seen to date.

Any way. I would love to see aether revamped so that it could be put back in. This would take some work, but it would certainly add to the combat system which is IMO the best looking combat system of any mud lib I have ever played. Even the old FATALITY crit that would send a person to hell and cause all their gear to be lost could be changed slightly and still be awesome looking.

It would also be awesome to see the mineral types Eonmite(Time) and Neorolite (Limb Severer) added in to the mine system and the crit tables/types added in to the combat system. This was obviously done with the singing crit table. Has anyone else wanted to see these added back in and aether returned with fixes?

Just a few thoughts.

Rancid.

Edited by Rancid (04/09/08 07:30 PM)

#1736 - 04/09/08 07:47 PM Re: Crit Tables [Re: Rancid]
Ganelon
Unregistered

Toned down aether would be fun (having all your equipment scattered around the mud or the whole inventory melted is a bit too much). I did not quite like the crits that caused total destruction of your corpse/inventory, without giving any chance to get it back. I suppose sending to hell could be substituted with sending to warp (so that your corpse/gear is retrievable, albeit with some effort). Sending to another dimension could be changed similarly.

Time crits could be fun with recipient (or its particular body part) going back and forth in time from newborn to the old-aged person with appropriate hp/mp/stat adjustment along the way (not necessarily bad btw, if you end up in mid 20ies you should get a boost I'd say).

I am not sure how popular limb severer will be in today's world - you can forget about combat xp with it.

#1738 - 04/09/08 08:05 PM Re: Crit Tables [Re: ]
Rancid Offline

Certainly the limb sever crit table should be revamped and experience augmented appropriately. Blade spells could be added appropriately to certain guilds or the sever table could be added to existing blade spells for the appropriate guild i.e. the nightblade spell biting blade is the first to come to mind. Or new blade spell for sword mages.

Time would seem more appropriate for elementalists, sword mage or enchanter. Or could also be added to existing blade spells.

The aether lore would probably be best suited back in elemementalist hands. The crit that sent one to hell could theoretically be just as was before with the exception the holy body would be sent to hell living to be tormented to death by nasty demons, liches and dragons. Then one could be auto-resurected back to a church with of course a hefty DC or just carried back to a church by the deity they are most closely affiliated with.

Edited by Rancid (04/09/08 08:07 PM)

#1739 - 04/09/08 11:32 PM Re: Crit Tables [Re: Rancid]
Minstrel Offline
journeyman

The crit sending a character to "Hell" was so well themed to Darke.

Clerics should get a "Blessings of Christ" spell, too, while we're at it.

#1740 - 04/09/08 11:35 PM Re: Crit Tables [Re: Rancid]
Minstrel Offline
journeyman

Originally Posted By: Rancid
Certainly the limb sever crit table should be revamped and experience augmented appropriately. Blade spells could be added appropriately to certain guilds or the sever table could be added to existing blade spells for the appropriate guild i.e. the nightblade spell biting blade is the first to come to mind. Or new blade spell for sword mages.

A new blade spell for sword-mages for severing? You mean like Bleeding Blade?

I don't mind more variety for Darke. A limb-severing crit table is rather redundant with cutting. The new crit tables could be called "aether" and "time," but they'd have to be 100% different, since those lores were insanely overpowered and most of the effects were quite stupid, conceptually.

#1741 - 04/10/08 05:12 AM Re: Crit Tables [Re: Minstrel]
Charon Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto, ON
 Originally Posted By: Minstrel

Apparently you never saw a pally using communion!

#1742 - 04/10/08 07:49 AM Re: Crit Tables [Re: Minstrel]
Cerberus Administrator Offline
addict

Loc: Arlee, MT, USA

This could just as easily be sent to the outer realms (Marghuul's or Risla's plane) or the Void (already a room, but a boring unthemed one)

#1744 - 04/10/08 08:10 AM Re: Crit Tables [Re: Minstrel]
Rancid Offline

God your such a drama queen/king. A simple rename of Hell would suffice for the fix. But the FATALITY was kinda cool. Always made me grin when I saw it.

#1745 - 04/10/08 08:20 AM Re: Crit Tables [Re: Minstrel]
Rancid Offline

Originally Posted By: Rancid

A new blade spell for sword-mages for severing? You mean like Bleeding Blade

I don't mind more variety for Darke. A limb-severing crit table is rather redundant with cutting. The new crit tables could be called "aether" and "time," but they'd have to be 100% different, since those lores were insanely overpowered and most of the effects were quite stupid, conceptually.

Bleeding blade to the best of my knowledge has no severing crits in the table. I maybe totally incorrect and would like to know but the bleeding system was put in place about 5 years after the mud was created which is when the original severing crits were created.

The aether table could be simply toned down but many of the crits themselves could maintain their forum since they looked really neat. It's not that difficult to conceptualize. I wish I had the skill I would spend the time to do it they were really neat.

Something else I would like to see is some of the innate colors that could appear in combat. Similiar to the Harah Lit flashing aether had colors in the combat that really looked neat. I would love to see the SQUISH in the singing crit table colored. It stands out for a IK. Simple concept that makes combat a lot more fun and takes very little time to add the color in.

Just ideas to make Darke Mud stand out as unique and special as it is so more people who come by and see it will enjoy and bring their friends.

Edited by Rancid (04/10/08 08:21 AM)

#1756 - 04/10/08 01:43 PM Re: Crit Tables [Re: Rancid]
Kim Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Europe
"Bleeding blade to the best of my knowledge has no severing crits in the table. I maybe totally incorrect and would like to know but the bleeding system was put in place about 5 years after the mud was created which is when the original severing crits were created."

Bleeding blade does cutting (and impaling I think). What.. would you say cutting is? Having a specific limb severing crit table is what seems rather redundant (And it'd be rather hyper. Every crit would sever at least one limb.)

"Something else I would like to see is some of the innate colors that could appear in combat. Similiar to the Harah Lit flashing aether had colors in the combat that really looked neat. I would love to see the SQUISH in the singing crit table colored. It stands out for a IK. Simple concept that makes combat a lot more fun and takes very little time to add the color in."

Simple thing to do that'd completely ruin Darke's quite clean look and turn it into an abstract impressionist disaster. Please no...

Page 1 of 3 123>

Hop to:
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
83 Members
33 Forums
335 Topics
2543 Posts

Max Online: 277 @ 01/07/23 02:30 AM

Generated in 0.022 seconds in which 0.005 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.