Who's Online
0 registered and 0 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
Mog, GreenGems, Minzuki, evaker, juffsion
83 Registered Users
Top Posters
Cerberus
Charon
MacTORG
Kim
carmy
Muod
Shadowraith
Minstrel
sabu
Rancid
Recent Topics
Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2180 - 09/12/08 10:55 AM Guild Master Options
MacTORG Administrator Offline
Keeper of the Elder Eddas
enthusiast

Loc: Oregon
I was thinking(not good) of some guildmasters in the pass on the mud that did some documentation for the guild they controlled. Would it be good to have some kind of journal that would be done by the guild master or put some words of wisdom into documentation form for younger would be guild masters to be able to read?
I know it is a long and hard road to be a guildmaster but it would be great if we had some history of there ocomplishments that have done for the mud or the guild they are apart of.

And it would be the job of the Guildmaster to submit changes to the documentation to reflect current ways of doing things for the guild(class) they are in charge of.

I know we have some kind of library, but it would be cool to have books that can be copied that have information about players and what they have done or stories. I love the Garkin cronicals that were done a while ago, but they don't have to be that way. it could be other documents about events and or ways to do things better and or faster.

just thinking

#2181 - 09/12/08 09:24 PM Re: Guild Master Options [Re: MacTORG]
carmy Offline

Loc: South Korea
When I was cleric guildmaster, I remember a couple posts by Crius remarking on guild promotion requirements both IC and OOC, but there was never anything that really showed me the way to 'be' a Rislan. Considering that there are religious factions on this MUD, it's strange that you really can't easily find anything in the guilds that will sort of give you a basic doctrine of some kind. It could be something as simple as a statue in the cleric guild of Risla and a plaque describing an 'event' or a commandment or whatever. Most of the players who are active now know about the different guilds and what being IC with that guild entails. If there's something in particular that is planned, and we need anything with regards to a guideline, I'd be willing to write something up for the cleric guild.
#2210 - 10/01/08 12:04 PM Re: Guild Master Options [Re: carmy]
enthusiast

would a special room just for guild masters in each guild location be a good idea? like a library that can be added to but not deleted, but flaged as outdated.

it would be nice to give as many tools as possible to GM's to create special guild information or guildance.

#2215 - 10/01/08 04:20 PM Re: Guild Master Options [Re: MacTORG]
enthusiast

Having an addnews for each guild master so he or she can talk to his or her members.

what do you think?

I added a poll for this so I can get some idea if it is good or not.
GM addnews for guild
You may choose only one
Yes
No

Votes accepted starting: 10/01/08 04:20 PM
View the results of this poll.

#2355 - 12/24/08 11:49 AM Re: Guild Master Options [Re: MacTORG]
Lorthag Offline
stranger

I also think that GM transport amulets should be brought back. Things that make it special to be a GM. Not just a title.

Lorthag

#2366 - 12/31/08 09:07 AM Re: Guild Master Options [Re: Lorthag]
Cerberus Administrator Offline
addict

Loc: Arlee, MT, USA
 Originally Posted By: Lorthag
I also think that GM transport amulets should be brought back. Things that make it special to be a GM. Not just a title.
GM items have symbols on them that correspond to a practically unsolvable quest. The transport aspect of GM quest items could be reinstated via this route in the far future.

#2371 - 12/31/08 09:56 PM Re: Guild Master Options [Re: Cerberus]
Lorthag Offline
stranger

What quest were they tied into? It had to be one put in after I was gone. Because the amulets were added later in Darke's life.

Lorthag

#2373 - 01/02/09 07:38 AM Re: Guild Master Options [Re: Lorthag]
Cerberus Administrator Offline
addict

Loc: Arlee, MT, USA
Find yourself a GM item and take a look at it. 'examine symbols' if I'm not mistaken.

#2378 - 01/02/09 07:08 PM Re: Guild Master Options [Re: Cerberus]
Lorthag Offline
stranger

I was not talking bout that.. sorry Cerberus.

I just ment the old amulets the GM's had that gave them the ability to trans back to the guild or transport another member of the guild back to the guild hall.

Lorthag

Page 1 of 1 1

Hop to:
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
83 Members
33 Forums
335 Topics
2543 Posts

Max Online: 277 @ 01/07/23 02:30 AM

Generated in 0.012 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.