Who's Online
0 registered and 10 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
Mog, GreenGems, Minzuki, evaker, juffsion
83 Registered Users
Top Posters
Cerberus
Charon
MacTORG
Kim
carmy
Muod
Shadowraith
Minstrel
sabu
Rancid
Recent Topics
Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2500 - 10/12/10 09:56 PM Newbie leveling Quests
Jedian Offline

As much as spam casting is fun for some, I think we should make leveling out of newbie fun and instructional. The quests should include buying armour and weapon, using the transport runes and navigating through the three major cities and killing a certain number of mobs and/or looting specific items from their corpses. Besides XP, the quest should also grant some mcgrail. There should be enough quests to move someone from level 1 to 6.

As we gain momentum on our ranking, we'll be finding ourselves with new faces. This is a fairly rigid mud to learn, but the fun value definitely makes up for the steep curve. Let me know what you guys think.

#2501 - 10/13/10 07:51 AM Re: Newbie leveling Quests [Re: Jedian]
MacTORG Administrator Offline
Keeper of the Elder Eddas
enthusiast

Loc: Oregon
yes. having newbie friendly areas and quests would be good to train them in the art of being a darkean player. the question is what should we teach than and would it be class based quests or just general playing quest? like madoc was saying that we have a lot of useful items and things but need to inform the newbies of those items or suggestions.

#2503 - 10/13/10 10:28 AM Re: Newbie leveling Quests [Re: MacTORG]
Jedian Offline

I think we should start with general playing quests and eventually add quest trainers in each guild. The general playing quests would be stuff like going to slim's, finding okef in the tinker guild, buying and selling items, finding the magical cavern of knowledge and using the transport runes in the cities. The reward can be anything from just XP and money to items. (ie - Newbie quest trainer sends you to okef to repair his weapon. After you complete the quest, the trainer rewards with xp, money and an unsurpassed iron weapon of your choosing.)

I think the general playing quests should level you from 1 to 3. Then the guild trainers will level you from 3-6 with specific to guild quests.

#2504 - 10/30/10 05:01 PM Re: Newbie leveling Quests [Re: Jedian]
carmy Offline

Loc: South Korea
The original guild wars has a questing system in place that's similar to that as well. You need to go to certain places, kill certain things, learn how to use certain items. I think this is an excellent idea. The only real problem is that for a newbie to even kill a snotling without death, they're gonna need some armour and a weapon. They start with 5 mcgrail only. The guild guard or something could offer some armour and a weapon to the new players once they join a guild. This could be basic iron, but it's enough to get you to 6 combat. I did it today... heh. Show them how to sell items too, because I got enough mcgrail to buy my iron items by following someone around and looting the corpses for swords to sell at Slim's. Anyway, the point is that providing iron to newbies would be nice.
Page 1 of 1 1

Hop to:
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
83 Members
33 Forums
335 Topics
2543 Posts

Max Online: 277 @ 01/07/23 02:30 AM

Generated in 0.018 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.