I remember reading the mineral list in 96' and being excited about the different mineral types that would be released "in time" as it says on the list. I was thinking that it would be 3 or 4 months. I realized after 2 years that it wasn't likely to happen any time soon. Now that it is 12 years later you guys can see it has been a long time coming.

At that time the best mineral type going was eog. To the best of my knowledge it used the aether crit table even though the mineral list says the WC bonus was "nulification". I am not even sure what crit table that is from.

Personally, I understand that the aether crit table was broken and needed to be removed; however, aether had the most fun and exciting looking crits I have seen to date.

Any way. I would love to see aether revamped so that it could be put back in. This would take some work, but it would certainly add to the combat system which is IMO the best looking combat system of any mud lib I have ever played. Even the old FATALITY crit that would send a person to hell and cause all their gear to be lost could be changed slightly and still be awesome looking.

It would also be awesome to see the mineral types Eonmite(Time) and Neorolite (Limb Severer) added in to the mine system and the crit tables/types added in to the combat system. This was obviously done with the singing crit table. Has anyone else wanted to see these added back in and aether returned with fixes?

Just a few thoughts.

Rancid.

Edited by Rancid (04/09/08 07:30 PM)