CerberusAdministrator
(addict)
12/01/07 02:07 PM
Forum Etiquette and Newbie info

I think everyone should be aware of how to use the edit and quick quote buttons, so here it is:

Edit: If you've posted something recently (say, within the last hour) and feel you could add to ideas formed in your post, go to that post and hit the "Edit" button. If you don't want everyone to know that you're a hasty retard (heh), then just click off of the "mark as edited" box.

Quick Quote: Press the "Quick Quote" button attached to the message you want to quote. Type underneath the text that appears.

Kim
(enthusiast)
12/01/07 02:24 PM
Re: Forum Etiquette and Newbie info

"If you don't want everyone to know that you're a hasty retard (heh), then just click off of the "mark as edited" box."

*beams* I do that a lot!

Muod
(member)
12/02/07 09:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Harold
I think everyone should be aware of how to use the edit and quick quote buttons, so here it is:

Edit: If you've posted something recently (say, within the last hour) and feel you could add to ideas formed in your post, go to that post and hit the "Edit" button. If you don't want everyone to know that you're a hasty retard (heh), then just click off of the "mark as edited" box.

Quick Quote: Press the "Quick Quote" button attached to the message you want to quote. Type underneath the text that appears.

oh so thats how quoting works...i feel like an idiot

Kim
(enthusiast)
12/02/07 10:41 AM

"oh so thats how quoting works...i feel like an idiot"

I have to sidescroll your post to see all the text you quoted... And I think a quote in a quote would be even worse.. So I think I will stick to my way of quoting. \:\)

Muod
(member)
12/02/07 11:22 AM

get bigger resolution. i dont have to side scroll at all.

Kim
(enthusiast)
12/02/07 11:45 AM

Bad web design... I have my browser window as big as I like it to be...

CerberusAdministrator
(addict)
12/02/07 10:47 PM

I don't have to scroll for anything, but I've got my resolution set pretty high (1024x768). It'd be nice to be able to customize quotes, but as far as I can tell they're static.

Charon
(enthusiast)
12/03/07 12:40 PM

I never knew how to do that either! Sweet!

Kim
(enthusiast)
12/03/07 12:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Drey

I never knew how to do that either! Sweet!

This is a test to see how just far indented a quote in a quote will be, if any more than just a quote... My aplogoies. The preview are is bigger horizontally than the actual post will be, so preview isn't... very live \:\)

Kim
(enthusiast)
12/03/07 12:49 PM

Okej... Even if I use fullscreen, at 1280x800, there is a sidescroll bar in my test of a quote inside a quote...

Is that just for me...? (sidescrolling is bad in a forum... right...?)

CerberusAdministrator
(addict)
12/03/07 12:50 PM

I have the left/right scroll bar too. It's not great. It, in fact, sucks. I posted in the web ideas forum about formatting quotes within quotes to be longer and less wide already.

CerberusAdministrator
(addict)
12/03/07 12:56 PM

In order to delete a post you have to hit "Edit" on that post (yet another reason to have the edit option stick around forever!) and then click the "Delete this post" button under the message area.

carmy
(member)
12/03/07 06:39 PM

I'm thoroughly enjoying this 'How To: Forum use' thread. I might even use some of it one day ;\) haha

CerberusAdministrator
(addict)
12/03/07 07:06 PM

In order to rate your fellow users, click their profile name and view profile. Under the "Profile for <name>" box in the center of the screen is a "Rate this user" option. I've currently been rating my fellow active users at a 5 star rating just because they're active. At some point it would probably be best to rate the content they're contributing. Probably some point way way far down the road...

CerberusAdministrator
(addict)
12/04/07 02:11 PM

In order to use colors in text, click the "Switch to Full Reply View" button under the standard quick reply field at the bottom of each thread. There you will find a number of buttons, the third from the right-hand side being a capital "A" with a color scale beneath it. Clicking this button will show you a palette of colors, which you can then choose one of. Two bracketed texts will appear when you choose your color. Anything typed between these two text brackets will appear as the color you selected.

For example this is tedious.

Charon
(enthusiast)
12/05/07 01:34 PM

Is there any way to change what you rated a user?

CerberusAdministrator
(addict)
03/24/08 11:22 AM

No way I'm aware of to change your rating of a user.