Charon
(enthusiast)
10/25/07 11:44 AM
Darke Web Tools

A while ago Silk and I began coding a darke page. The page wasn't so much a fan page as it was a utility page. I'm not sure if you're interested MacT but the things that we got working on the page are:

- Complete skill and spell lists for (almost) every guild
- Development simulator. Pick race and set the stats in the webpage so that you pre-plan your character. And with it all the stats for all the races
- Training simulator. Currently only works with C skills but works for every guild. System is in place for S skills as well.
- Complete help files for all of the skills/spells listed there.

The idea was abandoned about halfway through but all of that data was in a SQL database and was completely dynamic (so if you changed the cost of 'attack' it changed across every guild).

We thought it interesting to see what skills a level X fighter would have.. and so this was the tool we built for ourselves.

Anyhow, I thought you might be interested in implimenting something similar on the official site.

Oh, it also had a weapon builder.. so you could plan out future weapons and it would tell you the wield (*4 tw + *3 flame + 2 *6 locks + 2 100% runes = Y% wield type thing).

MacTORGAdministrator
(enthusiast)
10/25/07 01:23 PM
Re: Darke Web Tools

wow that is very cool. is it in mysql database for sql? I could convert that but that is a cool thing. can always use more stuff for players to use to help them on the mud.

I have a test page as well that a player submitted:

http://www.darkemud.com/test/

it is very cool but static but not complete yet.

Ruck
(stranger)
11/26/07 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By: MacTORG

I have a test page as well that a player submitted:

http://www.darkemud.com/test/

it is very cool but static but not complete yet.

That user submitted page looks nice and the idea of the dynamically changing skill/spell page is cool as well.

.......how can I get a wiz job?! Hell, i dont even want to play..i could just be the RP Wiz and do fun stuff.

CerberusAdministrator
(addict)
11/29/07 12:25 PM

Is this going to be made available to users? It sounds spectacular. I vote "yay" on these tools being made public, otherwise I'd still like them... *nudge Drey*

Muod
(member)
11/29/07 06:37 PM

would be easy to merge the tools to this site

Muod
(member)
11/29/07 06:37 PM

would be easy to merge the tools to this site

CerberusAdministrator
(addict)
01/18/08 01:34 PM

So what, Charon goes and gets engaged and suddenly doesn't have time for us? YOU FREAKING JERK!

Oh, and congrats \:\)

Charon
(enthusiast)
01/20/08 01:18 PM

I'm working on making the time! Thanks ;\)
Yeah.. being engaged apparently means I need to *do* stuff.

Once we get a date set though which I was *hoping* to get this week but looks like it won't be until end of next (due to some key people being out of the country) then hopefully I can just sit back and let the plans take care of themselves.

ShadowraithAdministrator
(member)
01/21/08 05:22 AM

Bwahahahahahah, silly silly fool. Plans take care of themselves...snicker.