Who's Online
0 registered and 13 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
Mog, GreenGems, Minzuki, evaker, juffsion
83 Registered Users
Top Posters
Cerberus
Charon
MacTORG
Kim
carmy
Muod
Shadowraith
Minstrel
sabu
Rancid
Recent Topics
Page 9 of 13 « First<7891011>Last »
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1302 - 02/21/08 10:45 PM Flying without wings
carmy Offline

Loc: South Korea
I'm pretty sure you can still do this, but if it's been fixed, just ignore me \:\)

If you step on a trans rune that drops you in the sky, you are able to 'move' back down to the ground, just by typing down, and take no damage. So essentially, let's say someone made a cano rune OVER the volcano, you take the initial cano damage, but you can move east a couple times, and down to land on the ground and take no damage from the fall.

Unless you have wings, or magical flying abilities, you should not be able to move in the sky, you should simply freefall and take damage appropriately.

I also don't really enjoy the idea of taking damage everytime you fall 'down' one room, seems silly to take damage for falling in the actual sky, maybe total up the damage, and take it once you've hit the ground. Could give some people time to cast a flying spell, and not hit the ground.

#1303 - 02/22/08 08:51 AM Re: Warding rune [Re: Kim]
Cerberus Administrator Offline
addict

Loc: Arlee, MT, USA
 Originally Posted By: Kim
Warding rune doesn't change owner in castles, like all other runes do, including healing rune. I think it's because Warding rune was added from test after the runes had been changed on live, so, it was done before the change, and never fixed.
Easy fix: Rune is inheriting the wrong rune file. Fixed.

Originally Posted By: Kim
Also, Warding runes don't last long in non-save rooms. They usually get cleaned in a couple of minutes... Since it's biggest use is in hunting people (tracking movement), that makes it almost useless. it should at least always last the 12 minutes it's supposed to. THough, it really needs longer duration to be really useful... 24 minutes would make it actually worth it...

But it getting cleaned a minute after you cast it makes it... So worthless \:\)
I imagine this is because we don't like keeping rooms loaded if nothing's happening in them other than memory usage. I'll talk to Mactorg and see if making warding runes dodge clean mems is an option.

I've never liked how warding runes operate, which is to say, they only inform people online of enter/exits. Going to look into making them use logs to tell owners the goings on of a room, unless that seems spammy/unneeded/boring/etc.

Opinions welcome.

#1304 - 02/23/08 09:53 PM Re: Warding rune [Re: Cerberus]
Charon Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto, ON
I think an additional command might be handy. Rune log which could dhow a log of the rune. First this would make people actively monitor their runes, also if its a rune command the log can be destroyed by looting parties by removing said rune.

#1316 - 02/26/08 05:13 PM Death Knights
Kim Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Europe
Why? And I mean.. Why?

They have been bug reported a million times, and I am sure everybody knows they are broken and seriously mess you up (MudOS driver tells you: You have no heartbeat!). And anyone who knows Darke at all realises just how abusable that is.

So WHY are they allowed to remain ingame?

Why? I'd like to know.

#1318 - 02/26/08 09:08 PM Re: Death Knights [Re: Kim]
addict

I like Death Knights.

I don't like heart beats.

Seriously though, I tracked down the problem today. I have a stop-gap measure that will solve all the heartbeat issues with them, but I don't have the real fix yet. So, what I've elected to do is leave them as is (yes, everyone knows they're broken. Yes, it's been many, many years they have been broken. No, another few weeks won't make any big difference) in order to figure out the right full fix and track down whether or not I'll have to hand-edit those that have already been made in order for it to stick.

In short, they'll be fixed as soon as I have the time to learn our save system.

#1326 - 02/27/08 07:57 PM Re: Death Knights [Re: Cerberus]
Charon Offline
enthusiast

ack! Save system fixes!

#1331 - 02/29/08 08:35 AM Re: Death Knights [Re: Charon]
addict

I've determined that it'll take someone more adept at the save system than me to unravel how to fix it, so I'm going to spend this afternoon coming up with a patch.

I'm thinking I'll be able to add a line in query_armour_ob(limb) to exclude and remove 0's from the return array. If that works, Death Knights should all be fixed after a reboot, and any future equipment-using pets should be safe from errant heartbeat problems.

I'll keep you posted.

#1335 - 02/29/08 01:20 PM Re: Death Knights [Re: Cerberus]
Charon Offline
enthusiast

This fix I guess opens up the opportunity to have equipment using pets on a wider scale..

The only other pet I can think of that uses equipment is a clone. Clones use copies of the caster's weapon. As far as I know there aren't any heart-beat issues with clone, but they very rarely fight players so it's possible that it's just never been observed.

Edited by Charon (02/29/08 01:21 PM)

#1337 - 02/29/08 03:19 PM Re: Death Knights [Re: Charon]
addict

It's more likely that since clones are temporary, they aren't bugging out during a save...

Still trying to work around the 0's issue. Likely to be fixed tonight if there's even so much as a player on to chat with and jog my memory about it. Right now I've been busying myself with an area recode, so I haven't spent much time on it.

#1338 - 03/01/08 02:43 PM Re: Death Knights [Re: Cerberus]
addict

As of the next reboot, this issue is resolved. This opens up the possibility of more pets using equipment, so if anyone has any ideas, please post them.

Page 9 of 13 « First<7891011>Last »

Hop to:
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
83 Members
33 Forums
335 Topics
2543 Posts

Max Online: 277 @ 01/07/23 02:30 AM

Generated in 0.023 seconds in which 0.005 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.