Who's Online
0 registered and 13 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
Mog, GreenGems, Minzuki, evaker, juffsion
83 Registered Users
Top Posters
Cerberus
Charon
MacTORG
Kim
carmy
Muod
Shadowraith
Minstrel
sabu
Rancid
Recent Topics
Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1624 - 03/28/08 04:26 AM Missing armor.
Xsi Offline
stranger

Loc: Bend, Oregon
Well this is a little odd, and I wasn't sure where to put it exactly but I suppose here is as good as any.

I logged on about a week ago to discover that my boots had been replaced with some random iron ones. Assuming that I had simply lost mine somewhere and accidentally replaced them with a pair on the ground, I thought nothing of it.

The next night, however, I logged on to find all of my armor missing, including my backpack and weapons except for those same iron boots. I dropped the boots, and since there were no immortals on, logged out for the night.

The next day: Surprise! the boots were back. Feeling frustrated I logged off again. Anyway, this whole ordeal was a week or so ago, and tonight I decided to log in again.

To my continuing confusion, the random iron boots had instead been replaced with random runed, forted, marked, innic boots. So, my question is three fold: What in the world is going on with my character, who's boots do I have and how did I get them, and most importantly is there any chance I could get my lost gear back?

(I asked Cerberus about this briefly and he said he couldn't find any log of my armor)

Thanks, -Xsi

#1631 - 03/29/08 06:26 AM Re: Missing armor. [Re: Xsi]
carmy Offline

Loc: South Korea
Something similar happened to me actually not too long ago with one of my mittens. But, I haven't had any problems since.
#1632 - 03/29/08 01:17 PM Re: Missing armor. [Re: carmy]
Cerberus Administrator Offline
addict

Loc: Arlee, MT, USA
Wish I could say there was anything I could do about it. I know nothing of the save system, and don't have the skill to do anything about it. Maybe we can convince Madoc to take a look sometime, but I'm crossing my fingers in hopes Helios will show up with a few hours one day...

Sincere apologies. I know it sucks, but it's an uncommon event. A less-than-adequate work around if you want to be extra-certain it will not happen to you is to 'drop all' in a save room before logging out. I've never heard of it happening within a save room, only from save on body. Someone can correct me if they've had it happen in a room.

#1633 - 03/29/08 01:49 PM Re: Missing armor. [Re: Cerberus]
Minstrel Offline
journeyman

Originally Posted By: Harold
Sincere apologies. I know it sucks, but it's an uncommon event. A less-than-adequate work around if you want to be extra-certain it will not happen to you is to 'drop all' in a save room before logging out. I've never heard of it happening within a save room, only from save on body. Someone can correct me if they've had it happen in a room.

From what I understand, though, "save on body" is accomplished through a save room. When you quit, you drop anything unworn/wielded, you are transported to a personal save room, drop all and exit the system. On login, you get all, equip, and are transported to the room you typed 'quit' in.

So, a question is whether random items ever show up in regular save rooms. Some rooms are so cluttered, it's hard to tell.

#1673 - 04/03/08 04:29 PM Re: Missing armor. [Re: Minstrel]
Madoc Offline

Shared saveids do that, save system needs a bit of a cleaning hasnt been done in awhile.
Page 1 of 1 1

Hop to:
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
83 Members
33 Forums
335 Topics
2543 Posts

Max Online: 277 @ 01/07/23 02:30 AM

Generated in 0.017 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.