Who's Online
0 registered and 4 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
Mog, GreenGems, Minzuki, evaker, juffsion
83 Registered Users
Top Posters
Cerberus
Charon
MacTORG
Kim
carmy
Muod
Shadowraith
Minstrel
sabu
Rancid
Recent Topics
Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2173 - 09/12/08 10:06 AM Re: Hiatus Rules Change Suggestion [Re: carmy]
Onslaught Offline
stranger

Very well said Carmy

And in response to this byaku guy, it's the same tired old argument people like you always post here. "you just want a free lunch" nonsense.

Yeah you don't need ta'd laen to fight, and you don't need tinker weapons and you don't need enchantments (yeah right)

Hell we coudl all run around in npc iron gear and wack on snotlnigs until we're high mortal too, but it sure does make for a pathetic mud.

This hiatus change will do nothing but stimulate the mud. The people who seem to think this isn't the case is those with stockpiles of gear and enchantments (go figure)

#2175 - 09/12/08 10:21 AM Re: Hiatus Rules Change Suggestion [Re: Onslaught]
Cerberus Administrator Offline
addict

Loc: Arlee, MT, USA
I like Mactorg's idea of limited testing of shortened hiatus times between characters, and second whoever it was that said each character could be tied to that same timer so you couldn't hiatus/unhiatus all 3 of your characters in the same day.

As an area coder I've made a conscious effort to make mobs that have a chance of dropping items that are slightly improved from basic iron. Some are just mineral versions, others have special properties like damage types or hit bonuses etc. I don't believe it's common knowledge where or how often these items are found otherwise I imagine they'd be in guild treasuries for newbies...

It's very difficult as a new player with limited resources and zero game experience to just go around finding stuff that makes their character better. It's even more difficult to find players who will make things for someone with limited resources. I believe I saw someone with an idea on equipping newbies with basic gear they can fight with, and I believe I will have the time very soon to start coding again from that idea. I will do my best to make newbie friendly moves for this mud because it is very difficult to get started here if you don't already know the place.

#2182 - 09/13/08 10:33 PM Re: Hiatus Rules Change Suggestion [Re: Cerberus]
Onslaught Offline
stranger

Cerebus all godo points, though the root of darke's problem is far more large in scope than difficulty for newbies, this issue isn't really a newbie issue.

Mud's are designed for player interaction, darke is no acception. You have factions, groups of friends, warring groups or idnividuals combating each other or helping each other, this is all part of playing. The fewer players/resources darke has the less interaction becomes possible to any extent.

Any serious pvp action that would occur on Darke would probably shatter the majority of it's player base because you either have everything you need, in spades, or you don't. Even if you do, much of what you have, isn't replaceable, or would take eons to replace.

If someoen looted your rays banshee weps, you are effectively powerless against that person or anyone else until you replaced them (or if you have spares). This can make for interesting times, but when 1 person ont he game has true weapon (or no one currently active does, or they only login when their buddies need it etc) player run shops are cool, but won't really solve this as money has no value on darke. When a tinker has everything he needs gear wise, there's no reason for him to sacrifice his exp/hour and put low level runes on things for anything but absurd cash.

I'm not saying each person being an island unto themselves makes for a good mud, but at least it opens up avenues where players can be more competitive against each other without having us all have to be one big happy love family because that's the only way we can all get what we need. The fewer the players, the more power the players need to have resource wise to keep the game intersting. This is just my opinoin I guess.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Hop to:
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
83 Members
33 Forums
335 Topics
2543 Posts

Max Online: 277 @ 01/07/23 02:30 AM

Generated in 0.01 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.