Who's Online
0 registered and 13 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
Mog, GreenGems, Minzuki, evaker, juffsion
83 Registered Users
Top Posters
Cerberus
Charon
MacTORG
Kim
carmy
Muod
Shadowraith
Minstrel
sabu
Rancid
Recent Topics
Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2346 - 12/18/08 12:02 PM Spell ideas
Cerberus Administrator Offline
addict

Loc: Arlee, MT, USA
Yes friends, another topic for ideas for spells in a guild. Are you surprised? Elementalists are perhaps the worst rounded in terms of spell diversity. They don't have a whole lot of innovative or exciting spells so there's likely to be plenty of room to improve and brainstorm here. Here's an idea from the 'idea' command:

A spell that puts a gateway to an elemental plane into a room. If somebody is in a room, there is an X % chance of a random elemental, ranging from lesser to dragon, to enter the room and be mean. If somebody is crazy enough to enter, they enter a warp-like environment that does serious elemental damage of whatever lore to the caster (unless transformed or highly protected), as well as having elementals come and attack the entrant until they leave. The gateway can be dispelled by dispel magic. (possibly by dispel rune but not necessarily, since the gateway should just be a big annoyance, not a serious threat).

#2348 - 12/18/08 04:18 PM Re: Spell ideas [Re: Cerberus]
carmy Offline

Loc: South Korea
Elemental Orb
I always had an idea for a spell where an elementalist would create an orb (similar to the energy orb on Diablo 2 for the sorceress) but instead of it giving protection, it could be similar to the faerie guardian that clerics have. During combat, this orb could supplement the elementalist by randomly doing random crits of whatever lore it were cast as, and also casting bolts or strikes. Perhaps the effectiveness of the spells could be in relation to the amount a person has in the lore skill that is used.

Elemental Plane
When cast, it changes the room to a 'plane' of that element. For example, if you cast elemental plane with fire, it would turn the room into a plane of fire. Still the same room, but a fiery version of it. Anyone in that room would suffer a slight decrease in the protection of a given element, but anyone using elemental bind or elemental transformation of that given lore would have their defenses increased for that given element. I feel like this might give some reason to party up, or team up with an elementalist for any reason, and may give them something to offer other than 'blade bitch' and 'dragon bitch'.
To make the room seem like a "plane version" of that room, one could make the words in the description change from gray-ish white to red for fire, green for plasma, orange for something else, blue for ice or wind etc...

#2458 - 10/01/09 08:01 PM Re: Spell ideas [Re: carmy]
Mortdred Offline
stranger

Loc: Orange County, CA
Funny... I had a gigantic file of elementalist spell ideas for fire alone at one time.

Let me see if I can dig it up off any of my backup disks.
Hmm. Not sure where I buried the disks at the moment. Wuf. Were they in the front flower bed or under the lime tree in back?

Page 1 of 1 1

Hop to:
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
83 Members
33 Forums
335 Topics
2543 Posts

Max Online: 277 @ 01/07/23 02:30 AM

Generated in 0.017 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.