Who's Online
0 registered and 7 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
Mog, GreenGems, Minzuki, evaker, juffsion
83 Registered Users
Top Posters
Cerberus
Charon
MacTORG
Kim
carmy
Muod
Shadowraith
Minstrel
sabu
Rancid
Recent Topics
Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#5 - 10/09/07 03:27 PM Forum Ideas
Muod Offline

Loc: MA/CA
I just had an idea, when viewing all the posts in a topic, ie view Chat i see First, how about putting a button on that line that you can click to get to the newest post, having to click into first then click to view the post is cumbersome...it may already be something like that and i just missed it. I am all about easy navigating to view posts quickly and reply easily.
#17 - 10/24/07 04:08 PM Re: Forum Ideas [Re: Muod]
MacTORG Administrator Offline
Keeper of the Elder Eddas
enthusiast

Loc: Oregon
i will look into that as well. i did put some side pannels that show new posts but need to find out what other options i can get into the forum. still need to figure out how to get chat logs into the web site or the forum.

#164 - 11/30/07 11:30 AM Re: Forum Ideas [Re: MacTORG]
Cerberus Administrator Offline
addict

Loc: Arlee, MT, USA
How about adding a "Last on" or "Last post" line to the User List? You can see who's generally active by how active they are, currently, but not how recently active they are.

#190 - 12/01/07 08:10 AM Re: Forum Ideas [Re: Cerberus]
addict

Here's another thought: We have a calendar available on Darkethoughts, but no option to make public events on it. I propose we allow for public event posting on the calendar, which would be displayed to everyone without having to look through forums.

#198 - 12/01/07 11:39 AM Re: Forum Ideas [Re: Cerberus]
Muod Offline

hmm i like that.
#199 - 12/01/07 11:40 AM Re: Forum Ideas [Re: Cerberus]
Muod Offline

that would be great for arranging like arena fights or public events if we had a rp wiz.
#229 - 12/02/07 11:01 PM Re: Forum Ideas [Re: Muod]
addict

I'd really like to see guild boards linked to their own forums here on Darkethoughts, as previously suggested. I personally would also like to extend the "edit" option to posts indefinitely. It would make for smaller threads when creating an ongoing list (in particular, the listing of memorable old player's names thread).

#248 - 12/03/07 12:24 PM Re: Forum Ideas [Re: Cerberus]
addict

Also, it'd be nice to have the same quicklink bar at the bottom of the page as we have at the top. I tend to write my responses, submit them, and then want to go back to the forum list. Currently I have to click the "Top" link and then the "Forum List" link. It'd be more efficient for me if the links were available in both places. Maybe I'm just lazy though.

#250 - 12/03/07 12:34 PM Re: Forum Ideas [Re: Cerberus]
Charon Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto, ON
Limiting to members of a guild might be tricky to code and not ideal. Plus it gets complicated in that I might have a character in hiatus who is a tinker but currently be a paladin.. etc.

Each guild should have its own forum though where people can discuss the guild specific issues.

#254 - 12/03/07 12:42 PM Re: Forum Ideas [Re: Charon]
addict

Originally Posted By: Drey
Limiting to members of a guild might be tricky to code and not ideal. Plus it gets complicated in that I might have a character in hiatus who is a tinker but currently be a paladin.. etc.
If the forum can be made such that a registered user is linked to any current characters and their hiatused counterparts, it shouldn't be terribly complicated. If you've got a hiatused character in guild A, you can't read guild board A. If you cide your current caracter and unhiatus, you can read guild board A. Basically, just have your active character be the one active on the board too - it just wouldn't make the character's name correspond to the user name here, right?

Originally Posted By: Harold
How about adding a "Last on" or "Last post" line to the User List? You can see who's generally active by how active they are, currently, but not how recently active they are.
I'd actually be glad to see finger-type info available. How many private messages is useful for admin. Last log in/last posted on is useful in general.

Originally Posted By: Kim
This is a test to see how just far indented a quote in a quote will be, if any more than just a quote...
Can quotes within quotes be formatted to be less wide? They are kind of ugly now, having both a left/right scroll and an up/down scroll. If they can be formatted to only use the up/down scroll it might be less ugly...

Edited by Harold (12/03/07 12:49 PM)
Edit Reason: More Thoughts!

Page 1 of 1 1

Hop to:
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
83 Members
33 Forums
335 Topics
2543 Posts

Max Online: 277 @ 01/07/23 02:30 AM

Generated in 0.018 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.