Who's Online
0 registered and 13 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
Mog, GreenGems, Minzuki, evaker, juffsion
83 Registered Users
Top Posters
Cerberus
Charon
MacTORG
Kim
carmy
Muod
Shadowraith
Minstrel
sabu
Rancid
Recent Topics
Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#211 - 12/01/07 01:59 PM Seraphs and Sword-demons and Elementals... Oh my!
Cerberus Administrator Offline
addict

Loc: Arlee, MT, USA
 Originally Posted By: Kim

Crit weaknesses are... harsh. Too harsh. I would love to one day play a nereid or seraph... but... Even though my primary concern is the look and image of a race, I can't bring myself to play a race that automatically loses.
 Originally Posted By: Harold

I'd say this could be the topic of a new thread. I'd always heard it was like starting the game with a negative True Armour, but that after a certain point it was negligible. Looks like this isn't the case, and maybe that's contributing to the lack of ethreal race choices (or maybe it's the rediculous xp mods)...

Originally Posted By: Drey

XP Mods were recently reduced to half so that's not really an issue. Negative TA is always an issue. Maybe if they lessened the severity of it somehow it wouldn't be so bad. Or maybe if seraphs started with -100 disruption protection instead of -TA it wouldn't be so bad.

'showstats races' puts Seraph at #8, and Sword-demon at #5. While I'm not sure if this is ranked by the average level of of members of its races or by the number of players of those races, or if it matters at all whether or not the players were active in the last three months... can you tell I think this command should have more information and options? I am sure that either way it's done both these races -TA doesn't exactly put them out of the running for "good" (or maybe just presumed good) races.

#216 - 12/01/07 02:38 PM Re: Seraphs and Sword-demons and Elementals... Oh my! [Re: Cerberus]
Kim Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Europe
Sword-demon has holy weakness though, and holy is... weak.

Disruption is maybe the strongest crit type in game, so Seraph is no-no.

And newbies are famed for picking an ethereal race... Popularity is irrelevant, really... I mean, High-man is number one, and.. High-man doesn't merit being popular at all really...

*fondly remembers trying an unchanted desper bokken on Natasha the seraph and watch limbs fly*

#253 - 12/03/07 12:42 PM Re: Seraphs and Sword-demons and Elementals... Oh my! [Re: Kim]
Charon Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto, ON
Ouch... painfully memory.

#266 - 12/03/07 01:37 PM Re: Seraphs and Sword-demons and Elementals... Oh [Re: Kim]
Dragora Offline

Loc: Canada!
"*fondly remembers trying an unchanted desper bokken on Natasha the seraph and watch limbs fly*"

Hahaha, I remember Natasha talking about that when I first started, that was rather funny. I played a sword-demon for a couple years, paladins would rape the crap out of me, but I was really good against CL's. Die Baeldaemon die! ;\)

#267 - 12/03/07 01:39 PM Re: Seraphs and Sword-demons and Elementals... Oh [Re: Dragora]
Charon Offline
enthusiast

Yeah. I was silly and listened to the help file. It said something along the lines that "Seraphs make some of the most powerful paladins"

What it meant I think was that they were great, unless you wanted to fight CLs.. then even with chaos bane they would rip you a new one pretty easily.

#277 - 12/03/07 06:46 PM Re: Seraphs and Sword-demons and Elementals... Oh [Re: Dragora]
carmy Offline

Loc: South Korea
 Originally Posted By: Shags/Max
I played a sword-demon for a couple years, paladins would rape the crap out of me, but I was really good against CL's. Die Baeldaemon die! ;\)

I still enjoy how Risla's Wrath never dented you once, but with my relatively high holy protection, WoG ripped me a new one...

#279 - 12/03/07 06:57 PM Re: Seraphs and Sword-demons and Elementals... Oh [Re: carmy]
addict

I'm under the impression that Wrath of Risla is a joke. Even if it isn't, it's a stupid spell for clerics to have; just doing holy crits to everything seems unimaginative and inefficient. How about a room-harm! (heh. Totally kidding. That would be retarded.)

#282 - 12/03/07 08:13 PM Re: Seraphs and Sword-demons and Elementals... Oh [Re: Cerberus]
Charon Offline
enthusiast

Clerics should have harm IMHO. They need it more than WPs

#287 - 12/04/07 12:52 AM Re: Seraphs and Sword-demons and Elementals... Oh [Re: Charon]
carmy Offline

Loc: South Korea
You know, it's funny that you say they should have harm. I always thought my cleric would have been too sick with harm. That could also be because I thought clerics should be sucky.

Playing my cleric for so long, I saw myself as more of a tank than a PK machine, but just having the ability to defend myself if necessary was nice. I always thought that if I had harm, it would have been overboard.

#301 - 12/04/07 08:54 AM Re: Seraphs and Sword-demons and Elementals... Oh [Re: carmy]
addict

Harm is, in general, a pretty potent spell. Whether clerics or WPs or tinkers get it, it's going to add a measure of power that's clearly in need of balancing.

I disagree wholeheartedly with the idea that any guild should be "sucky". If a guild doesn't have a particular niche or can't be worth something somehow I don't think it should be available to play. Why would I as a new person spend hours on end playing a guild, only to find out three months later that it's the "sucky" guild. Ha-ha. Joke's on me. Try again!

Page 1 of 2 12>

Hop to:
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
83 Members
33 Forums
335 Topics
2543 Posts

Max Online: 277 @ 01/07/23 02:30 AM

Generated in 0.022 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 16 queries. Zlib compression disabled.