Who's Online
0 registered and 13 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
Mog, GreenGems, Minzuki, evaker, juffsion
83 Registered Users
Top Posters
Cerberus
Charon
MacTORG
Kim
carmy
Muod
Shadowraith
Minstrel
sabu
Rancid
Recent Topics
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#570 - 12/11/07 07:36 PM Possible PWipe - Feedback wanted ****
Shadowraith Administrator Offline

Ok,

I've brought this up a few times, and there doesnt seem to be a lot of opposition to it. So here is the though process. PLEASE leave your feedback and vote accordingly.

PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR THOUGHTS REGARDING CHANGES YOU CONSIDER **VITAL** BEFORE A PWIPE COULD OCCUR. (Balance everything is not an option, it would just take too long and be hard to achieve as things are now)

PWIPE

[list]
[*]Reset all players to level 1
[*]Restoree experience buffers, but set with a high xp/hour drain, so that at low levels it has no noticeable effect, but as you level up, your levelling rate slows.
[*]Save on Ghost is gone. It would help with puttng everone on an even playing field for fighting for your life when appropriate.
[*]Mineral Maps would be reset
[*]Polymath guild potentially goes in

#571 - 12/11/07 07:40 PM Re: Possible PWipe - Feedback wanted [Re: Shadowraith]
Kim Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Europe
This might seem trivial, but it's something I consider vital: Changing the names of the new tinker runes. The new runes have names that aren't in synch with the old ones, or fit for darke (being silly and childish). A pwipe Would be a good time to fix that...

I don't see removing all current castles/mines in the list, but I assume that's a given...

#572 - 12/11/07 07:50 PM Re: Possible PWipe - Feedback wanted [Re: Kim]

Yes, world wiped clean is a given
#577 - 12/11/07 08:05 PM Re: Possible PWipe - Feedback wanted [Re: Shadowraith]
carmy Offline

Loc: South Korea
I think before a pwipe occurs, it would be a good idea to have ready, some new areas. If we have an influx of 40 newbies, there's no way we'll have enough areas for all of them.
#578 - 12/11/07 08:13 PM Re: Possible PWipe - Feedback wanted [Re: carmy]

I wont hold it up based on new areas. For one thing there wont be 40 new poeple all online at once. For another the new wizards are making the areas. For another, a little congestion is good for interaction.

Besides, need to look at the auto level to 6 things, seems a little high

#579 - 12/11/07 08:17 PM Re: Possible PWipe - Feedback wanted [Re: Shadowraith]
garin Offline
stranger

Here is what I would like to see if it were to happen. (in no particular order)

Thief lvling system fixed. Either make poison lore's poisons worth using, or offer another viable way to get experience (stealing every 10 seconds gets a bit tedious and tends to lead to botting if the only option) You could significantly up pick locks xp, right now it is a joke especially given how expensive it is. Eliminate pick locks pre. it serves no purpose except as a pre. This would save the guild from wasting a lot of devs on useless skills, make it so every devs spent can actually be used for something. also, this part is just wishful thinking, but I would like to see the dance of daggers haste upped slightly- only slightly though-

If a static buffer is put in place, I would like to see it set to the max xp of the lowest xp earning guild. This way there is no super lvling guild, everyone has the same potential.

I'm all for the polymath guild- bring it on.

Fix the monks. I can't say I know enough about them to offer any real solution, but everyone I have known who has played one says they need to be fixed...

Would love to see din's area go in with the pwipe.

Lower the newbie level. We can be nice to new comers, but lets not coddle too much please.

some type of either combat or magic beefing for SM's. They don't get played for a reason. Right now there really isn't much of a reason to play an SM except to get banshee for people. Their blade spells are supposed to be an incentive, but since you can just get locks of them anyway, who cares? get the locks and play another guild. Maybe make it so SM's can stack an extra banshee/plasma when its a self cast temp spell. (this may be overpowering, just throwing ideas out there).

un-nerf fist of the justicar- it blows now. I had two pallies at 44 overall and stopped playing because they both could get their asses handed to them by a 20-20 fighter. They need SOMETHING to keep them alive.

I'd like to see elm's elementalist summon weapon spell put in.

possible beef of cBoK.

Sorry this is a lot of random and unthought out ideas.

#580 - 12/11/07 08:26 PM Re: Possible PWipe - Feedback wanted [Re: garin]
Kim Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Europe
"but since you can just get locks of them anyway, who cares? "

It takes a LOT less wield (half) to cast them yourself, so you could put more on... That is, if SMs could get OK magery skill, which they can't, really..

#581 - 12/11/07 08:50 PM Re: Possible PWipe - Feedback wanted [Re: Kim]
garin Offline
stranger

Yeah I would have pointed out the wield difference, but the lack of casting makes up for that plenty.
#582 - 12/12/07 01:06 AM Re: Possible PWipe - Feedback wanted [Re: garin]
mathias Offline

First a few ideas that I agree with from other peoples postings:

1. Fix the monks. I can't say I know enough about them to offer any real solution, but everyone I have known who has played one says they need to be fixed...

2. Would love to see din's area go in with the pwipe.

3. *HIGHLY AGREE* Lower the newbie level. We can be nice to new comers, but lets not coddle too much please. (maybe reset it to the level it used to be? or just a tad higher)

4. Changing the names of the new tinker runes. (if you want help we can start a thread and start rambling off ideas).

5. Put back in buffers!

Some own ideas:

1. Would be nice if there was a benefit to crafting leather armor besides only being able to make a runable cloak and belt.. (i also heard that organic woods have a problem? not exactly sure ask llygoden)

2. I would like to see the hotsprings remain. It is an excellent gathering place for lowbies and the like and I have had some really great times just spell leveling and chatting with other people. Plus a healing rune or healing rune equivalent room item (that might offer less regeneration but more than none?) would be nice to help out starting off mages (since there wont be mana pets for awhile).

3. I would like to know why you cant clair a named pet or npc once youve seen its name after a reboot. Its quite annoying to try to teleport around the map and you find yourself unable to do so, especially when you know that the pet in question is there. (or maybe put back in random mob casting and not requiring you to name your pets? That was half the fun of an AM right there, at least for me.)

3. I would really like to see the old HM castles stay in. Maybe even swap them into mini-mob areas. It would keep a lot of the history alive, and honestly we need to remember where we come from :p.

4. I'm ok with the polymath guild as long as you have the ability to join it and not simply start off with it. I consider it a great newbie learning guild (like a tutorial) and might consider trying it out only if devs for non applicable skills/spells get reset once a specific real guild is joined.

5. -Insert Flame about the AM spell summoning here- Self removed Flameing to spare you the grief.

6. Fix the cold crits? (unless they have already been taken care of, I havent had much information about this)

7. Figure out what to do about the tinker weapon rune/enchanter spell situation. right now it seems like someone would be insane NOT to go with tinker runes instead of chants because 1. they use less wield on average and 2 there is no risk of fumble and destroying the piece. also a tinker can just sit in one spot and gain tons of xp, while an enchanter has to risk being warped, killed, and potentially losing their equipment, money, and leveling time due to DC.

8. Maybe keep the guild board postings? They offer A LOT of help to people that dont usually play that guild.

9. *MOST VITAL CHANGE* Overall I would just like to see a balance in terms of leveling to the guilds. One guild should not have the ease of just typing one command every 20 minutes to level when other guilds risk dieing on every cycle and not to mention casting 10 spells. Another part of this is the tinker/enchanter rune/spell difference. I brought this up in the rune/spell wield thread.

Random ideas/thoughts of varying importance. Hope it helps more than hurts :\ Sorry for the flaming if there is still some in the post. I tried cleaning it up myself to save face. Dam you insomnia.

Edited by mathias (12/12/07 03:57 AM)
Edit Reason: too tired to think straight

#583 - 12/12/07 01:18 AM Re: Possible PWipe - Feedback wanted [Re: mathias]
mathias Offline

oh and increase bank space. it wasnt increased when income rate was.

10k max.. 15?

Page 1 of 4 1234>

Hop to:
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
83 Members
33 Forums
335 Topics
2543 Posts

Max Online: 277 @ 01/07/23 02:30 AM

Generated in 0.021 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 16 queries. Zlib compression disabled.