Who's Online
0 registered and 34 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
Mog, GreenGems, Minzuki, evaker, juffsion
83 Registered Users
Top Posters
Cerberus
Charon
MacTORG
Kim
carmy
Muod
Shadowraith
Minstrel
sabu
Rancid
Recent Topics
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#585 - 12/12/07 02:39 AM Re: Possible PWipe - Feedback wanted **** [Re: mathias]
mathias Offline

This post was originally a rant about the old map. To shorten it and flame less: It would be nice if world areas were more accessible. The map is so huuge that I honestly have no clue how to get anywhere other than what is located on the tri-city continent.

Edited by mathias (12/12/07 03:59 AM)
Edit Reason: to tired to think straight and use grammar

#589 - 12/12/07 02:57 AM Re: Possible PWipe - Feedback wanted [Re: mathias]
mathias Offline

sorry for all of these individual posts, but i keep coming up with ideas. What if we posted a poll of whether or not people will quit playing all together if there is a pwipe? We cant afford to lose any more pbase. Remember before the last one when we had 22-24 avg daily?
#593 - 12/12/07 03:42 AM Re: Possible PWipe - Feedback wanted [Re: Shadowraith]
Guinness
Unregistered

Good day,

For SMs - I think they are cool.
Just few things I would see in this guild changed:
1. Do not destroy weapon on fumble chimeric - that fixes all about Garin and Kim said.
2. Fix enlarge resistance. Also, why it "hurts" NPC (1/2 HP)?
3. Give some more protection or/and skill increasing spells.
4. Balance spell levels, so, SMs gain more magic XP. Now it's very slow to advace in magic considering with other SEMI-guilds.

For Tinkers
I would suggest "specialization", that they should choice from the beginning.
Then armourers could "reinforce" with blacksmith, and "weapon masters" could balance weapons (self only).
Specialization affects skill cost as well.
Say, base rune cost 6. Specialized in armour: armour rune - 5, weapon - 7.
So, not specialized tinker will find it hard to train.

Critical hits
1. Give XP (or more XP) when severing limbs, doing mortal blows in same way like for "crippling".
2. Fix "Critical hit bug with COLD | HOLY table"
3. Do not allow criticals (filter) on non existing parts (limbs) - if hands were already severed, why I see such criticals again, and again (and get no XP of course).
4. Add vacuum critical that may remove one or few spells from opponent on hit.

Trade
1. Make shopkeeper money limit about 300+ mcgrail.
2. Allow more shopkeepers to accept different kinds of items.

Regards,
-Guinness

#594 - 12/12/07 05:52 AM Re: Possible PWipe - Feedback wanted [Re: ]
Charon Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto, ON
 Originally Posted By: Guinness
Good day,
2. Fix enlarge resistance. Also, why it "hurts" NPC (1/2 HP)?

This one is easy. Because enlarge doubles their overall HP they don't max out. The reason for this is double hp = double xp.

Wouldn't be fair if SMs could get double xp from every mob just by casting a spell at them.

#596 - 12/12/07 05:54 AM Re: Possible PWipe - Feedback wanted [Re: Charon]
sabu Offline
journeyman

Loc: wisconsin
did they fix enlarge, could have swore the last time I was a SM you got more exp by casting it on self then on mobs?
#598 - 12/12/07 06:00 AM Re: Possible PWipe - Feedback wanted [Re: sabu]
Charon Offline
enthusiast

I think you imagined that ;\)

#611 - 12/12/07 08:00 AM Re: Possible PWipe - Feedback wanted [Re: Shadowraith]
Rancid Offline

Pwipe! Ohh, I remember the days. Personally I agree with all the recent changes. They have been long over due; however, there are a couple of guilds that need fixing before a pwipe.

Monks are in desperate need of desting or fixing. I have never played them so making suggestions would be uneducated and arrogant. Kreen would be an excellent source of input though. He has played them for a long time.

Enchanters need some fixing before a pwipe. The enchanters skills are way over priced for the amount of spells they have and the requirements for making weapons. With the new tinker fix put in place and enchanters spell costs revamped much more gear would be made and floating around for players to use, battle each other with and loose. Player interaction would increase and people would complain less when killed or looted. At the moment it takes months for some less connected players to get gear made and virtually impossible for others. It is less about the fact that these items are rare as that they are horded by a few well connected players; which, has been a problem at Darke mud for years. I am not sure about the rest of you but I am sick of politics and I really don't care for dealing with a lot of aristocratic crap when I go mudding.

Thieves were in desperate need of fixing also but I am not sure where they stand since I have heard stealing has been put back in.

Remove Aether from all the protection lists. When I type protection I get all cathartic remembering sending people to hell with the Fatality crits. Makes me sad.

Any way good luck and Happy Holidays to everyone!

#613 - 12/12/07 08:03 AM Re: Possible PWipe - Feedback wanted [Re: mathias]
Rancid Offline

What's wrong with buffers? The absence of buffers has been a much better solution then making it uber hard to level.
#614 - 12/12/07 08:06 AM Re: Possible PWipe - Feedback wanted [Re: Rancid]
Charon Offline
enthusiast

I played a monk much more than I should have. Poor Oskar, I wanted her to be good but it just never happened.

Tell Kreen to get his ass on the forums. There is an entire thread there dedicated to ideas for fixing monks. I put a bunch up and would be interested to see his input on them.

#615 - 12/12/07 08:06 AM Re: Possible PWipe - Feedback wanted [Re: Rancid]
Shadowraith Administrator Offline

Buffers are needed, or xp given greatly reduced, because you can make HM in about 90 hours of play. Thats a little too fast.
Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Hop to:
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
83 Members
33 Forums
335 Topics
2543 Posts

Max Online: 277 @ 01/07/23 02:30 AM

Generated in 0.021 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.