Who's Online
0 registered and 5 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
Mog, GreenGems, Minzuki, evaker, juffsion
83 Registered Users
Top Posters
Cerberus
Charon
MacTORG
Kim
carmy
Muod
Shadowraith
Minstrel
sabu
Rancid
Recent Topics
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#711 - 12/13/07 12:12 PM Re: Possible PWipe - Feedback wanted **** [Re: Shadowraith]
Xsi Offline
stranger

Loc: Bend, Oregon
This is vaguely off-topic, but what are the advantages of a pwipe? I'm not aware of the discussion that's been going on so I'm just wondering. As of right now I'm not really looking forward to remaking my character, so I probably wouldn't return. Or play right now for that matter, with a pwipe looming somewhere in the future.

On a lighter note, I think one of the elements of this game that hasn't really been explored is group content. If there was a pwipe, there would be a lot of players around the same level, and though SW already said that it was unlikely for new areas to be coded, some low-mid level areas that required a party to get in and had mobs that were very powerful for their respective levels (to avoid wield/resist problems) would be an interesting way to encourage players to cooperate. My experience with other players in Darke have been either "Don't piss off anyone higher than you" , "You have something I want, lets trade", or "Lets pool our resources and buy an insanely expensive castle, and go trash someone else's". It would be refreshing to have the option of some interesting group content. It sounds like it would be a huge undertaking, and a pain in the ass to balance, but I think there's a definite niche to be explored with that kind of content.

Anywho, I'm done. Feel free to shoot me down now. ;\)

#715 - 12/13/07 12:43 PM Re: Possible PWipe - Feedback wanted [Re: Xsi]
Shadowraith Administrator Offline

New areas are coming now, one is almost finished and others on the way. Plus party xp should be going in as well.
#716 - 12/13/07 12:48 PM Re: Possible PWipe - Feedback wanted [Re: Shadowraith]
Xsi Offline
stranger

Loc: Bend, Oregon
Oh I think I misunderstood "I won't hold it up based on new areas". I see now.

Edited by Xsi (12/13/07 12:50 PM)

#719 - 12/13/07 01:17 PM Re: Possible PWipe - Feedback wanted [Re: Xsi]
garin Offline
stranger

I know backstab is not a very widely used skill anymore, but I would like to see the way reverse stroke works against it changed. for instance, I get reverse stroked almost every time by someone who trained it 1% when I have my back stab at 90... I think it should be a contest of skill/
#737 - 12/14/07 04:55 AM Re: Possible PWipe - Feedback wanted [Re: Xsi]
Gabe Offline
stranger

I strongly object to a player wipe. It seems to me that any of these planned changes and expansions can be integrated into Darke mud without having to wipe out the current players. I've spent over 3 years developing a character that i enjoy playing and continue to enjoy improving.

I'd like to hear some solid reasoning for the *need* to erase other people's hard work in character development. Any person who feels like abandoning their own work and starting over when new changes go in has the same ability that they've always had: rebirth.

One of the advantages that Darke has reaped from extensive, competent coding work, and as a result of having a test server for working out kinks, is a stable foundation that allows for changes to be made without bringing the mud to its knees. Why ignore a huge advantage that having a test server brings? No instabilities will be introduced by merely expanding the current mud content, and allowing current players to continue playing, if everything is properly tested.

That said, i have no strong objection to an equipment and map wipe. I don't necessarily see a need for those, unless there's a concern on the part of admin that some objects exist on live that should not, and the availability of which will be culled.

So, again, why the *need* for a player wipe? High level players have put in a lot of time and effort to get there... i can say that holds true, at the very least, for my self, and i strongly object to watching the fruit of all that hard work just disappear.

#738 - 12/14/07 05:00 AM Re: Possible PWipe - Feedback wanted [Re: Gabe]

Thats a well argued and well stated arguement Gabe.

Anyone else?

#741 - 12/14/07 05:46 AM Re: Possible PWipe - Feedback wanted [Re: Shadowraith]
sabu Offline
journeyman

Loc: wisconsin
As was stated before, there should be a survey on whicjh states, if a pwipe happens....wil you come back. This place cannot afford to lose people. And although i am for a pwipe. The time it will take for me to get a charecter back to where i am now is almost too daunting to want to play.

As stated in other posts. The changes that want to be done to the guilds is not darke, its a whole new mud.I don't think me, my husband or my sister will come back if theres a whole differnt darke created. But thats my 2 cents and they can come up with their own conclussion.

#748 - 12/14/07 07:18 AM Re: Possible PWipe - Feedback wanted [Re: mathias]

Locking. See new topic.
Page 4 of 4 <1234

Hop to:
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
83 Members
33 Forums
335 Topics
2543 Posts

Max Online: 277 @ 01/07/23 02:30 AM

Generated in 0.02 seconds in which 0.005 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.