Who's Online
0 registered and 13 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
Mog, GreenGems, Minzuki, evaker, juffsion
83 Registered Users
Top Posters
Cerberus
Charon
MacTORG
Kim
carmy
Muod
Shadowraith
Minstrel
sabu
Rancid
Recent Topics
Page 4 of 13 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#989 - 12/30/07 06:27 PM Re: Holy Mission [Re: Kersek]
Cerberus Administrator Offline
addict

Loc: Arlee, MT, USA
Since an instant kill is designed to kill in a particularly spectacularly unsurvivable way (rather than by dealing an arbitrarily large amount of damage), and holy mission is designed to allow "the recipient to fight WITHOUT TAKING ANY DAMAGE" (rather than "survive any attack unscathed") I feel the correct fix would be to have the mission expire if the player dies, rather than save them from IKs.

I would be interested in opinions on this topic before I make the change that would cause a holy mission to expire prematurely upon death (no damage taken).

#990 - 01/03/08 09:20 PM Waterskin refill
Ganelon
Unregistered

Waterskin that is partially full can not be refilled. "fill waterskin" responds with "That waterskin is full already.". Only once it gets completely empty refill works.
#991 - 01/03/08 09:23 PM Fury of Marghuul fumbles
Ganelon
Unregistered

When fury of marghuul is fumbled the sacrificial demon attacks the caster. However, once the demon is disposed of, subsequent attempt to cast fails with the message that only one haste-type spell is allowed at a time.
#992 - 01/04/08 05:28 AM Re: Waterskin refill [Re: ]
Shadowraith Administrator Offline

Fixed. Waterskins will also now tell you the type of liquid they are filled with.
#993 - 01/04/08 08:37 AM Re: Holy Mission [Re: Cerberus]
Charon Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto, ON
I don't think anybody really uses holy mission now since it really makes the person MORE likely to die (since they take the same damage and don't heal at all during the same time).

Honestly I think holy mission was designed to be used in conjunction with deus and since that was disabled for some reason, it is pretty useless anyways.

#994 - 01/04/08 08:38 AM Re: Fury of Marghuul fumbles [Re: ]
Charon Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto, ON
It probably also has an anti-haste effect like most haste spells that you fumble have.

#995 - 01/04/08 10:30 AM Re: Holy Mission [Re: Charon]
Kim Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Europe
Dying isn't that important. Holy mission makes it so you will be very likely to get away without getting looted, and gives you a lot longer you can stay in combat to kill and loot.

I think that's quite useful at times.

#996 - 01/04/08 03:09 PM Re: Fury of Marghuul fumbles [Re: Charon]
Ganelon
Unregistered

I expected that an aggro demon with about +6 to its normal level was enough penalty. There isn't any other visible side-effects to the fumble, like slowness.
#997 - 01/04/08 03:13 PM Re: Waterskin refill [Re: Shadowraith]
Ganelon
Unregistered

Thank you SW.
#1012 - 01/11/08 01:44 PM Re: Critical HIT bugs [Re: ]
Cerberus Administrator Offline
addict

Loc: Arlee, MT, USA
 Originally Posted By: Guinness
There is couple problems:

Critical hit BUG with cold table
Critical hit BUG with holy table
These have been fixed.

Also, it would be great if I get good XP for severing crits. Suppose, if I severed NPC head I would consider it as IK and get as much XP if that was SQUISH, for example.
I believe if this were the case, combat xp would skyrocket. We'll be reviewing xp rate gain at some point in the near future I'm sure, so it's on the agenda for the next admin meeting.
There is no critical filter. So, if NPC has no hands anymore, you still get singing critial that should blow off mob hands. Either do not let it happens anymore, or just do not show it (like no critical was happen at all).
This could be done, but there are a number of difficulties with it. For instance, if a combatant has already lost one hand, and you get a critical to remove two hands, should that critical happen or not? If a critical has multiple effects (stunning as well as limb loss) but the text given in combat references only the limb loss, should the critical happen or not? I'm sure there are others, and I feel it would be unwise to open this as a can of worms. In light of these facts, I would prefer to call this not a bug, but a "feature" (however poorly it sits with my desire for continuity).

Page 4 of 13 « First<23456>Last »

Hop to:
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
83 Members
33 Forums
335 Topics
2543 Posts

Max Online: 277 @ 01/07/23 02:30 AM

Generated in 0.021 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.