Who's Online
0 registered and 13 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
Mog, GreenGems, Minzuki, evaker, juffsion
83 Registered Users
Top Posters
Cerberus
Charon
MacTORG
Kim
carmy
Muod
Shadowraith
Minstrel
sabu
Rancid
Recent Topics
Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#720 - 12/13/07 01:17 PM Re: Crafting Guild **** [Re: garin]
Charon Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto, ON
Agreed. Balance weapon should stay fighter only.

#721 - 12/13/07 01:58 PM Re: Crafting Guild [Re: Charon]
Ganelon
Unregistered

Booo...
#722 - 12/13/07 02:10 PM Re: Crafting Guild [Re: Charon]
Muod Offline

Loc: MA/CA
well i would say fighters can loose S all together, I would redo fighter guild entirely and change the way they are in combat, give them new skills which could better customize a fighter, give them the ability to do body block for people but have it always work, make it a new skill. I would like to see something like weapon specialization/focus from dnd for fighters, even a cleave/great cleave skill would be great. they already have an enhance critical skill. what about combining all the other skills which arn't used much, combat awareness, drunken fighter, those type of skills into one over arching skill. it would let them be able to train it and not have to weight the price they are paying

I think the chanter runes should become LT and no need for perm rune spell, you cast a rune and say takes an hour and its perm when done. chanter shields are not needed, they can be tossed out entirely, no guild really fits to have them as is. personally i would make sure any skill/spell the crafting guild gets is a long term.

Personally i really like the idea of having the crafting guild guild. I would not move aether barrier from AMs just doesn't seem like a craft but thats my opinion. I would combine the mist type spells that elems/tinkers/necros get into one and place it to the crafting guild.

#723 - 12/13/07 02:11 PM Re: Crafting Guild [Re: ]
sabu Offline
journeyman

Loc: wisconsin
It is possible to train special as a fighter by useing survey. At 48% i got 1170 exp and that was only with 1% trained and a 47% bonus from world lore.
#724 - 12/13/07 02:52 PM Re: Crafting Guild [Re: Muod]
Charon Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto, ON
 Originally Posted By: Muod
I think the chanter runes should become LT and no need for perm rune spell, you cast a rune and say takes an hour and its perm when done.

I agree with this. One of my main concerns with everybody having runes is that it would certainly lead to newbie areas being full of runes, which I think is terrible. If it took 20 minutes to make a rune, people wouldn't be able to (since you can only have a perm room in a save room.. which I hope remains true!).

#735 - 12/14/07 02:35 AM Re: Crafting Guild [Re: garin]
Guinness
Unregistered

First of all. I don't think we should discuss about how much XP we should put into crafting skills/spells. This issue should be calculated well before Crafting guild in. Otherwise, it will not fit its purpose.

In any calculation should be variables and constants :). So, the primary constant is which skills/spells should be in Crafting guild.

Suppose, one spent years and trained almost everything in crafting. So, with current list he will be able to rule MUD alone. I DO NOT think this was an original idea of that guild.

Let think on it in this way:

Those skills are in list with category (t - trade... why not crafting? \:\) )

1.Craft armour - forge amour from ingots, or fashion from leather
2.Craft weapon - forge weapon from ingots, or use carpentry
3.Make potions - brew potions
4.Scribe runes - inscribe runes armour/weapon, and at the rooms
5.Make enchantment - forts, puissance, accuracy, light
6,7,8...Common skills: detect magic, mark, survey

If ice and flame weapon would be allowed in 5. then corrupt, bless, vampiric should be there as well. And I would to see poison, singing, acid chant types too.

TW and TA shouldn't be in this guild. As well as dispel rune, pick/install lock, install trap, balance (because it adds nothing to wield % but equals puissance+accuracy).
As an option they should be very high level, and can't be allowed without specialization: Weaponsmith, Armour, Rogue...

To make things "harder" we may have some prereqs to complete crafting.
For example, to enchant weapon with fire you should stay at the forge, hold weapon and cast any "fire" spell at it. So, guild with no spells couldn't do enchants.
But this way means a lot of changes with primary skills, beacuse it will be hard to make all prereqs balanced now.

Regards,
-Guinness.

#747 - 12/14/07 07:18 AM Re: Crafting Guild [Re: garin]
Shadowraith Administrator Offline

Locking. This will not happen at his time I believe. There might be a craft guild, but we need to resolve whether or not there will be a pwipe first.
Page 2 of 2 <12

Hop to:
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
83 Members
33 Forums
335 Topics
2543 Posts

Max Online: 277 @ 01/07/23 02:30 AM

Generated in 0.018 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.