Who's Online
0 registered and 13 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
Mog, GreenGems, Minzuki, evaker, juffsion
83 Registered Users
Top Posters
Cerberus
Charon
MacTORG
Kim
carmy
Muod
Shadowraith
Minstrel
sabu
Rancid
Recent Topics
Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#732 - 12/13/07 11:38 PM Newbie friendly
Daniel Offline
stranger

We want to make Darke a place where newbies can put their roots down. We do not want to drive off the fresh new blood/meat, let em stay a while.

Some thoughts have been expressed as to auto leveling up to 6/6/6.

One solution, don't auto level the newbies, simply give them more starting devs.

With the 1635 devs that you start with (depending on class) you train whatever, then you being your epic journey of going from 0 experience to 4999 and gain your first level!!!

What have we achieved? People are putting in work for their "levels" and they still have the benefit of starting off strong enough to fight goblins or elves.

What do y'all think?

What are some other newbie friendly ideas?

#789 - 12/14/07 12:03 PM Newbium
sabu Offline
journeyman

Loc: wisconsin
I think newbium should be removed as ingots and blanks. I would propse this.

There is already a special place to buy gear from. Cannot remember the exact name of it, but you get there by climbing a rope and buying a pass from an elf south of VO.

I would like to see newbium weapons and armour sold there instead of iron. These items would sost a lot, but it would be far better then having iron degrading every 100 hits or so. Plus the cost of store boaught equipment is so outta balance it sucks. It costs almost 300 mcgrail for a backpack but only 1 mcgrail for a gauntlet or 10 mcgrail for a breast plate.

I would suggest doing this. For iron armour it would sost 250 mcgrail per piece. It doesn't matter what the piece is. The cost of the item is for the making, shipping and storage of the item in the shop. For newbium armour it would be 500 mcgrail per piece and would be on a limited basis.

I would suggest Iron weapons costing 500 mcgrail for iron and newbium costing 1000. The highest quality of these wewapons would be fine and unruneable.

These items would still disappear when getting to 12th level combat.

#790 - 12/14/07 12:07 PM Re: Newbium [Re: sabu]
Charon Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto, ON
The reason backpacks are so much and the iron gauntlets are not is because the gauntlets.. well they suck. Backpacks are useful for everybody, from newbie to HM.

I do agree that newbium should be more readily available and that crappy newbium equipment should be buyable at the stores. I would even suggest that the guild join room give you a newbium weapon of your chosen type when you join (say a choice of the weapon types offered of fine quality newbium).

#794 - 12/14/07 02:27 PM Re: Newbium [Re: Charon]
Siani Offline
stranger

Loc: Hell
I agree that newbium is just another coddling tool for newbies but it would be nice if there were a few pieces given to newbies upon joining a guild.

I would suggest a weapon, chainmail, and boots this way the poor noob isn't starting out nekkid! These items would poof at a certain overall level...let's say 12. Or it could be set on combat level alone and then I would say level 10 should be the cut off point. By then they should be able to make money and get tinkered gear.

#800 - 12/14/07 03:20 PM Re: Newbium [Re: Siani]
mathias Offline

Originally Posted By: Siani
I agree that newbium is just another coddling tool for newbies but it would be nice if there were a few pieces given to newbies upon joining a guild.

I would suggest a weapon, chainmail, and boots this way the poor noob isn't starting out nekkid! These items would poof at a certain overall level...let's say 12. Or it could be set on combat level alone and then I would say level 10 should be the cut off point. By then they should be able to make money and get tinkered gear.

Agreed.

#801 - 12/14/07 04:30 PM Re: Newbium [Re: mathias]
Azarepth Offline
stranger

Good call Siani, that might be a more reliable way of giving newbies a hand and still not overcoddling. Newbie-equipment-supplier sounds like a great job for a guild treasury guard or perhaps NPC guildmaster.
#802 - 12/14/07 04:43 PM Re: Newbium [Re: Azarepth]
Siani Offline
stranger

I would say instead of a supplier for the equipment just have it appear on them when they join the guild. That way in case the guard is dead or there is a player GM that isn't overly active or helpful they can still get the gear right away. So what if it doesn't make total sense that gear appears on you....Call it an act of gods if it makes you sleep better at night ;\)

#803 - 12/14/07 04:44 PM Re: Newbium [Re: Siani]
sabu Offline
journeyman

Loc: wisconsin
Same way money is given when you join a guild also.
#808 - 12/14/07 08:33 PM Re: Newbium [Re: sabu]
Charon Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto, ON
And 2 packs of 5 standard rations.

#809 - 12/14/07 08:51 PM Re: Newbium [Re: Charon]
Siani Offline
stranger

Gods I tell you! They are mighty and giving!

I do think these are better options than the current newbium armour and weapons.

Something would have to get worked out with picking what weapon you start out with..Maybe when you join a guild it(gods..whatever) gives you a list of the available weapons for that guild and asks you to choose one.

Maybe if you worship a certain god before joining a guild they even bless/corrupt the weapon a very tiny tiny tiny amount \:\)

I don't think I was fully serious on that last part.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Hop to:
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
83 Members
33 Forums
335 Topics
2543 Posts

Max Online: 277 @ 01/07/23 02:30 AM

Generated in 0.02 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.