Who's Online
0 registered and 13 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
Mog, GreenGems, Minzuki, evaker, juffsion
83 Registered Users
Top Posters
Cerberus
Charon
MacTORG
Kim
carmy
Muod
Shadowraith
Minstrel
sabu
Rancid
Recent Topics
Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#76 - 11/20/07 10:10 PM Tinker issues
Kim Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Europe
If they are really happening... A few of the things that were forgotten would be...

Carpentry, lumberjack, skin corpse and leather craft still have their old cost, making them much more expensive than forging and runes. Shouldn't their cost be lowered to match? to 7 or so for leather craft and carpentry and 5 for lumberjack and skin corpse.

I also quite wonder if the tinkers who hiatused because they failed to believe in reincs will be forgotten.

Another tinker ting... I really hope the armour runes will be fixed. As it is, they lower protection, at least partly, on anything not laen. This kills any diversity, and leather craft in particular. I *like* diversity...

Oh, I almost forgot! Reinforce effect still works on old armour, even though it has been removed. This gives old tinkers a quite unfair advantage (Like my tinker!). If this has been addressed in the last few days... good!

That said, I think giving tinkers balance weapon is overdoing it.. Reinforce was quite enough.

#77 - 11/21/07 07:28 AM Re: Tinker issues [Re: Kim]
sabu Offline
journeyman

Loc: wisconsin
I would agree with you whole heartily if these skills were in great demand or in demand at all.

Carpentry and lumberjack are pretty much useless now. No one uses straight out wood weapons, if they use a staff its a metal shod staff and the metal that is being forged is what matters not the wood. People don't use clubs and bokkens because they wear down way too fast for the cost of repairing. Plus now that you can buy boards in the tinker guild merchant, don't really need lumberjack.

Now I will say this, I think for the few that actually use these skills they should be redone, but if redone I would like to see that the wood has an effect in the weapons made, not just the metal.

Now as far as skin corpse and leather craft goes. Skin corpse really needs to be redone for the fact that you could have 100% skill and not get a skin in 20 attempts, whats the point. And as far as leather craft goes, there is no point in changing it if for the only fact that changes with the skill is the time taken to make something.

#79 - 11/21/07 11:08 AM Re: Tinker issues [Re: sabu]
Kim Offline
enthusiast

Some people use wooden weapons, and if it wasn't more expensive, I'm sure more people would. As for leather craft and skin corpse.. I would like for leather craft to be ok, I agree skill % should make a difference... The big issue though is that with Divet's changes, runing leather armour actually LOWERS the defense by a lot... He... Didn't think before he coded... Higher dev cost to train, AND more than useless is a silly combination.
#1309 - 02/26/08 09:08 AM Re: Tinker issues [Re: Kim]
Cerberus Administrator Offline
addict

Loc: Arlee, MT, USA
 Originally Posted By: Kim
The big issue though is that with Divet's changes, runing leather armour actually LOWERS the defense by a lot...
This bug is under review currently, and likely to be fixed by this weekend.

#1317 - 02/26/08 05:31 PM Re: Tinker issues [Re: Cerberus]
Kim Offline
enthusiast

Oh, nice to see something happening to fix a cerain someones... changes. Is there any chance of fixing this (From "help forge armour".

"The AC increase of armour caps at 150% but the time it takes and the exp you get for useing the skill does not."

That it gives XP and reduces forge time when trained above its cap is unique to that skill (Actually just loked, it seems the same change for XP/time is applied to Forge Weapon now. Silly still), and to make it a REALLY offensive change, there is only ONE tinker who would think of training FA above it's hard cap: The one who coded the changes. That FW does the same is no excuse, really. Hard cap should be hard cap. Making these exceptions is just immensely... stupid and smacks of making a change to benefit your own player character

Edited by Kim (02/26/08 05:35 PM)

#1319 - 02/26/08 09:15 PM Re: Tinker issues [Re: Kim]
Cerberus Administrator Offline
addict

Loc: Arlee, MT, USA
In short, no I won't look into that any time soon. I'm a huge opponent of the soft/hard cap idea as a whole anyway, so I'd rather look into removing the system entirely (which I am also not doing any time soon).

Thank you for mentioning it though, because it is certainly a bug and will need to be addressed when we start looking at balance.

Page 1 of 1 1

Hop to:
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
83 Members
33 Forums
335 Topics
2543 Posts

Max Online: 277 @ 01/07/23 02:30 AM

Generated in 0.019 seconds in which 0.005 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.