Who's Online
0 registered and 34 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
Mog, GreenGems, Minzuki, evaker, juffsion
83 Registered Users
Top Posters
Cerberus
Charon
MacTORG
Kim
carmy
Muod
Shadowraith
Minstrel
sabu
Rancid
Recent Topics
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#112 - 11/29/07 12:33 PM Re: Castle Raiding [Re: Kim]
Cerberus Administrator Offline
addict

Loc: Arlee, MT, USA
I didn't realize we had a save on ghost feature. It seems not only counterintuitive, but a little drastic to boot. Was there ever discussion on why this was changed (something I could hopefully read myself, rather than hear second or fifth hand)?

Numbers are always a problem when suggesting things, but I would hope to have open dialogue on the topic. Realistic overtones aside, what would be a workable amount of money to max on a person? 100,000?

I'm sure there's a number of opinions. Wouldn't you be so kind as to voice those opinions and justify them? I went with the lowballed 5,000 because you could realistically carry, and buy a shop-set of new equipment with that amount. There's no reason to buy shop-sets of gear though, and realism is less than admirable in a computer game of this caliber, so what should we be able to do?

#116 - 11/29/07 12:58 PM Re: Castle Raiding [Re: Cerberus]
sabu Offline
journeyman

Loc: wisconsin
What I have always found that was odd, is that the rate you could get money was increased, but the bank size wasn't. I would like to see the amount increased in banks and make their be bank guards, lets say 2-3 about the same level as guild guards are. Make the bank tellers be useless and once the guards are killed you would need a thief to open up lock boxes. This would add a lil more player interaction.

I would also like to see lets say players get 1 bank to access, their guild city bank. Their is a 50000 mcgrail cap on this bank. Now if players want to access other city banks, they have to pay a fee just like they would for castles and mines. Something fair but not too much like 5-10% what they had in the bank at the time. Their would also be a 50000 mcgrail cap on these banks also. So for a month it would cost 2500-5000 mcgrail to keep the money in the bank at max. Money is so easy to get, that wouldn't be to outragious an amount, since you already have 50k in 1 bank already...sheesh.

I would then limit the amount of money being able to be caried to 5000 without help being needed. Now if you needed to carry large sums of money you would need a money bag of holding(new item). These would have the same affects as bags of holding have as far as dropping off the player when they quit.

#122 - 11/29/07 01:33 PM Re: Castle Raiding [Re: sabu]
Kim Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Europe
"I didn't realize we had a save on ghost feature. It seems not only counterintuitive, but a little drastic to boot. Was there ever discussion on why this was changed (something I could hopefully read myself, rather than hear second or fifth hand)?"

I have yet to hear an even half decent argument for why it was introduced...

"Numbers are always a problem when suggesting things, but I would hope to have open dialogue on the topic. Realistic overtones aside, what would be a workable amount of money to max on a person? 100,000?"

25,000 or so I would say...

#138 - 11/29/07 06:43 PM Re: Castle Raiding [Re: Kim]
Muod Offline

Loc: MA/CA
yea and there was no discussion about save on ghost being added or no loot other then it just being there and not going away.
#152 - 11/30/07 08:32 AM Re: Castle Raiding [Re: Muod]
addict

If there is not currently a written statement for the direction the mud is taking, I think it should be considered. Something like 'save on ghost' fundamentally changes the way business is done in the player run economy, significantly alters the resources players have to (for instance) oust disreputable or undesirable guildmasters, and is in all ways a sign (to me, anyway) that the mud is changing courses.

A single document that states a few truths and then continues to make broad statements open to interpretation but with specific meaning at the time of writing would go a long way toward a unifying idea of the mud's future (think... Declaration of Independence). If there is already such a document at a level players aren't privvy to, then maybe something as easy as news on a change would allieviate some woes.

#159 - 11/30/07 10:52 AM Re: Castle Raiding [Re: Cerberus]
Charon Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto, ON
The general consensus seems to be that save on ghost is stupid. I have yet to hear one person suggest that it should be here for good.

As Harold stated it does ruin the economy which has already been disrupted a fair bit by the new runes and tinker reincs. Now everybody needs new armour to complete.

Oddly enough the new armour system also makes anybody but laen totally worthless as adding protection runes actually LOWERs the AC granted.

#191 - 12/01/07 10:43 AM Re: Castle Raiding [Re: Charon]
addict

It's hard to refute a system's usefulness when there's no information available on why it was supposed to be a good idea. Even so, it's obvious that there are (hopefully) unintended consequences from save on ghost. I'd be surprised to see it stick around exactly as is if anyone with the time and ability to make the change is reading this thread. Being unable to retrieve stolen goods or perform a hostile takeover on a dictator of a guildmaster in particular seem like they were just unnoticed side effects.

I didn't know there was an entirely new armour system. Is that the case, or is it secondary to the tinker remake?

#197 - 12/01/07 11:39 AM Re: Castle Raiding [Re: Cerberus]
Muod Offline

Loc: MA/CA
the new armour system is just the new runes, if you add a new rune to anything but laen it adds neg ac in some places. but no, new armour is much stronger now because of all the runes.
#500 - 12/10/07 04:22 PM Re: Castle Raiding [Re: Kim]
mathias Offline

Originally Posted By: Kim
I have yet to hear an even half decent argument for why it was introduced...

If you get warped and then killed in warp you can log out, log in, and pray in the temple if there is no warp clearer (which is usually the case) or rezzer.

#503 - 12/10/07 04:35 PM Re: Castle Raiding [Re: mathias]
Kim Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Europe
"If you get warped and then killed in warp you can log out, log in, and pray in the temple if there is no warp clearer (which is usually the case) or rezzer."

I still have to hear a half decent argument for why it was introduced...

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Hop to:
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
83 Members
33 Forums
335 Topics
2543 Posts

Max Online: 277 @ 01/07/23 02:30 AM

Generated in 0.021 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.