Who's Online
0 registered and 13 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
Mog, GreenGems, Minzuki, evaker, juffsion
83 Registered Users
Top Posters
Cerberus
Charon
MacTORG
Kim
carmy
Muod
Shadowraith
Minstrel
sabu
Rancid
Recent Topics
Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#729 - 12/13/07 10:59 PM High Mortals
Daniel Offline
stranger

Being a High Mortal is a status thing.
You get such benefits as modifying your title in unique ways.
Speaking on another chat line.
And lastly, you get some kinda of respect because you're huge.

Then you sit around getting even bigger and doing whatever.

I don't know how it is with other HM's, but for myself, having achieved HM status three times I wish there was something more to it.

I propose that Highmortals receive the added benefit of being able to "retire" in fashion.

Far different than rebirthing/deleting your char, a retirement would involve something as cool and nifty as getting your name carved onto a plaque or statue. This Statue could stand in your guild hall as an inspiring guild hero for all newbies to admire.

Some guilds have far more HMs than other guilds. These statues should be objects that you can "look" at and read the list of those who have achieved such an honor.

These statues would be items in a room much like a mob is standing in a room or an object on the floor. -We notice them-. Unlike the description of rooms like, A tree in TS, most know its there but its basically invisible.

Lastly, retiring means deleting your character. You can go out with a bang! Or you can stick around and make your own bang!

Some play for the glory of being big and untouchable/omnipresent. Others play for the fun of leveling.

Let High-mortals have the ability to "retire" in style.

So, what think ye?

#798 - 12/14/07 02:58 PM Re: High Mortals [Re: Daniel]
Azarepth Offline
stranger

How about a high-level area that serves as a city of legends? Kind of like how dead folks show up as ghouls in the souls area, retired HMs could live on as mobs. Don't know if it's plausible or not, but sounds like it could be a fun way to keep your name alive. Plaques or some other honor sound funky too though.
#799 - 12/14/07 03:16 PM Re: High Mortals [Re: Daniel]
mathias Offline

I kind of like the ability to "retire". There can be a "Hall of Heroes, or something similar where retiring HMs can write a short bio of their life which another user can read off of a statue. Maybe the HM can even describe the statue too :p.
#875 - 12/15/07 09:19 PM Re: High Mortals [Re: mathias]
MacTORG Administrator Offline
Keeper of the Elder Eddas
enthusiast

Loc: Oregon
I really like that idea. so those HM that do deside to go out with a bang can do it and put a statue in the hall of heroes or villans. it will show all the states for that player and spells and or skills. and a writeup from the player and or other high mortals. so other newbies can look and see what greatness can be done here in the lands.

#876 - 12/15/07 09:54 PM Re: High Mortals [Re: MacTORG]
carmy Offline

Loc: South Korea
I think something like this would be best put in once reaching HM is actually a feat though. Maybe after the proposed pwipe and exp gain equalizing stuff goes in. As it is now, if one really wants to, they can HM in a week real time, but much of a 'hero' aspect to it...
#881 - 12/17/07 04:16 PM Re: High Mortals [Re: carmy]
Daniel Offline
stranger

Granted someone CAN grind their way up to HM very fast (faster in some guilds than others) But the amount of IRL time spent on a player might be equal between someone who takes 2 months and someone who takes a week. Many people don't play for hours a day. Some only play an hour a week, and most even less than that.

The reward is scaled in that sense. You either put in the time or you didn't.

My proposal is less grand than how the idea is evolving. I propose a simple retirement plan. Others would like a much larger RP retirement (which is cool too, just don't stuff this Hall of Legends/Villians in a backwards area where no one sees it, EG Dinty Moore's place where you used to be able to read peoples stories).

Let's not be too reserved with who gets this benefit. Because one of the real benefits I see is that large and powerful characters get erased from the mud with the IRL player starting again.

Side note, you could have retirees be enshrined in their armour. One could examine their armour and so someone who retires with Slims Iron Breastplate looks poor but someone with Duncans Tri-runed Laen looks heroic.

Benefit of this would be the destruction of whole suits of armour, giving tinkers more work and less armour congestion on the mud.

All the retirement ideas in my eyes focus around two points.

First, that Darke regains and maintains a higher population of mortals than Highmortals.

Second, to encourage players to voluntarily delete their characters they are given some residual "glory."

P.S. Bare in mind, a player would elect to retire, it is by no means required. Just as a player chooses to hiatus, starting at 30 overall.

#884 - 12/17/07 05:17 PM Re: High Mortals [Re: carmy]
Daniel Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: carmy
... Maybe after the proposed pwipe and exp gain equalizing stuff goes in...

Oh, and on that note.

Implement it before the pwipe.
I dunno how many HM's you've made, many of few is irrelevant to me, but my having achieved HM status three times entitles me to feeling that I should be able to retire my latest.

Thank you very much!

#895 - 12/17/07 11:44 PM Re: High Mortals [Re: Daniel]
carmy Offline

Well I'm sorry to say, that if you leveled your HM in the current, no buffer system, where racial exp mods were missing for like 2 months, then I don't think that deserves to be immortalized.

Just my opinion.

#913 - 12/18/07 09:22 AM Re: High Mortals [Re: carmy]
Daniel Offline
stranger

When all that stuff was put in I couldn't even hold almost clear... so it wasn't the tipping of the iceberg for me, if thats what you are afraid of, that my levels came that easy.
#941 - 12/18/07 10:50 PM Re: High Mortals [Re: Daniel]
carmy Offline

I'm not particularly worried about ONLY you, but there are others that did have it very easy.
Page 1 of 2 12>

Hop to:
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
83 Members
33 Forums
335 Topics
2543 Posts

Max Online: 277 @ 01/07/23 02:30 AM

Generated in 0.02 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 16 queries. Zlib compression disabled.