Who's Online
0 registered and 13 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
Mog, GreenGems, Minzuki, evaker, juffsion
83 Registered Users
Top Posters
Cerberus
Charon
MacTORG
Kim
carmy
Muod
Shadowraith
Minstrel
sabu
Rancid
Recent Topics
Page 1 of 6 12345>Last »
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#749 - 12/14/07 07:22 AM Pwipe Vote: Please vote on the options below
Shadowraith Administrator Offline

Ok, I was not for a pwipe originally, but lots of people seemed ok with it and it would make life easier from a balance perspective. Now I have a number of people saying no pwipe.

So please vote on the options below. This is NOT binding, the admin staff (not just me) will make the final call, but we really do care what you guys think.

Also feel free to comment in this thread about this topic.
Player Wipe?
You may choose only one (24 total votes)
There should be a full reset (Pwipe and World Wipe)
-
12 50%
Equipment and the Mineral Map should be reset (Keep Characters)
-
6 25%
No resetting at all is necessary.
-
6 25%

#753 - 12/14/07 08:48 AM Re: Pwipe Vote: Please vote on the options below [Re: Shadowraith]
Guinness
Unregistered

Well, if lot of those changes that I've seen on the forum implemented, I would to see full reset. Another option to let all players above some certain overall level to do REINCARNATE.

But if some guild will be removed, where this CHAR should go?

So, my options are:
1. Do lot of changes and full PWIPE.
2. Do some fixes, and keep all characters alive (may be castles as well).

Regards,
-Guinness

#754 - 12/14/07 09:14 AM Re: Pwipe Vote: Please vote on the options below [Re: Shadowraith]
Muod Offline

Loc: MA/CA
I think a full wipe is needed also if the crafting guild does go in, then it would definately need to be done. I'm against a equipment/mineral wipe and keeping chars, because then it just means some people will have huge advantages because of the char they have. I believe in an even field.
#756 - 12/14/07 09:23 AM Re: Pwipe Vote: Please vote on the options below [Re: Muod]
Charon Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto, ON
Agreed. We can't reinc HUGE people into other guilds. That just causes all kinds of problems. Maybe a half-level reinc for those in guilds that are going to be wiped out would be ok.

Anyhow, it sounds like the crafting guild isn't going to happen. But we still do have a lot of new content coming out, the first area will likely be elm's farm which will be for newbies/lowbies but is very exciting. Cerberus is doing a fantastic job on it and I'm very excited about the progress.

I think everybody will enjoy it.

Also Wylliam has created a method of creating NPCs that from what I can see is simply amazing so I think you will start to see some very interesting mobs that will suprise you ;\)

#757 - 12/14/07 09:50 AM Re: Pwipe Vote: Please vote on the options below [Re: Shadowraith]
Xanthrax Offline
stranger

An equipment and mineral wipe won't solve anything. There's still going to be the huge powerhouse players and all the equipment is just going to be remade within a week. All that would do would provide an income for some tinkers. Even so a lot of people are connected and would get it back for free.

I think a pwipe would level the playing field again. Last one was 8 years ago. But I do think that any major bugs/new ideas/new areas that can be implemented should be finished before the pwipe.

#758 - 12/14/07 10:01 AM Re: Pwipe Vote: Please vote on the options below [Re: Xanthrax]
Ganelon
Unregistered

Just what will pwipe solve exactly? People who can stay on 15+ hours a day will still be at the top in no time at all and everything will be as it is. Powerhouse players become such not through some kind of miracle that will never happen again.

Edited by Ganelon (12/14/07 10:02 AM)

#759 - 12/14/07 10:08 AM Re: Pwipe Vote: Please vote on the options below [Re: Charon]
Muod Offline

"Also Wylliam has created a method of creating NPCs that from what I can see is simply amazing so I think you will start to see some very interesting mobs that will suprise you ;\) "

i agree wylliams method is good, it'll be easy to incorprate into a general lib to have basically two ways to create npcs.

Edited by Muod (12/14/07 10:15 AM)

#760 - 12/14/07 10:15 AM Re: Pwipe Vote: Please vote on the options below [Re: ]
Xanthrax Offline
stranger

If certain people are willing to be on for 15+ hours a day then I think they deserve to be at the top. I don't have that kind of time because of classes and whatnot. But if you live and breathe darke....more power to them if they make HM in a week
#761 - 12/14/07 10:19 AM Re: Pwipe Vote: Please vote on the options below [Re: Xanthrax]
Kim Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Europe
Since it's been said enchanters and tinkers will only be removed and replaced by.... this crafting guild if there is a pwipe, I am against a pwipe strongly. Darke without enchanters and tinkers isn't Darke. This just boils down to trying to make Darke into a completely different mud.

If it was just areas, buffers and other things being tweaked, I'd be for one, especially buffers back would need one. I don't think some people realise just how much XP was gained by a few characters without it....

#762 - 12/14/07 10:21 AM Re: Pwipe Vote: Please vote on the options below [Re: Kim]
Muod Offline

how about just combing the tinker and chanter guild into one guild but not making it like how the crafter guild was, you would have to join the new guild and it would be your guild.
Page 1 of 6 12345>Last »

Hop to:
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
83 Members
33 Forums
335 Topics
2543 Posts

Max Online: 277 @ 01/07/23 02:30 AM

Generated in 0.022 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 19 queries. Zlib compression disabled.