Who's Online
0 registered and 2 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
Mog, GreenGems, Minzuki, evaker, juffsion
83 Registered Users
Top Posters
Cerberus
Charon
MacTORG
Kim
carmy
Muod
Shadowraith
Minstrel
sabu
Rancid
Recent Topics
Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#952 - 12/19/07 02:53 PM Re: If no Pwipe - Ideas for HM/High Level characte **** [Re: ]
Cerberus Administrator Offline
addict

Loc: Arlee, MT, USA
Signature Abilities -
  • High-Mortals used to be allowed unique enter/exit messages (Upon seeing the back of Malhavoc's Black-Hand as he entered, I knew I wanted to be a legend, back in the day). I'd say this isn't something to do so much as a perk.
  • I agree with Guinness, although I'd go a step further and have a wizard assigned to HM signature abilities. A HM concepts a skill/spell/item, the wizard codes the skill/spell/item, it is approved, and becomes the focus for some quest that the HM completes in order to obtain the skill/spell/ability.
City Founding - Cities are useless without things to draw folk to them. Only HMs should be able to found a city, and it should take both cash and experience. They should be able to purchase mob spawns (that give the HM no xp for hunting), shops (that carry wares at prices they dictate), and static items (fountains and message boards, places to pray at death, etc).

Worshipper Recruitment - I'd envision this as a jump-off point for a piety system for gods. HMs could recruit/convert mortals to their god's cause, and the HM would gain powers/abilities (think reduction of DC for followers, "ritual blessings" of present worshippers, special hit chances, special protection chances, instant-rez on death) for those who choose their worship and attribute it to the HM.

#953 - 12/19/07 03:21 PM Re: If no Pwipe - Ideas for HM/High Level characte [Re: Cerberus]
Kim Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Europe
"A HM concepts a skill/spell/item, the wizard codes the skill/spell/item, it is approved, and becomes the focus for some quest that the HM completes in order to obtain the skill/spell/ability."

A bit too arbitrary I feel. It would be so much up to luck whether an arch feels like doing it... Almost like a whim.

"Worshipper Recruitment - I'd envision this as a jump-off point for a piety system for gods. HMs could recruit/convert mortals to their god's cause, and the HM would gain powers/abilities (think reduction of DC for followers, "ritual blessings" of present worshippers, special hit chances, special protection chances, instant-rez on death) for those who choose their worship and attribute it to the HM."

We... had.... demigods....

#1505 - 03/20/08 10:25 AM Re: If no Pwipe - Ideas for HM/High Level characte [Re: Kim]
Cerberus Administrator Offline
addict

Loc: Arlee, MT, USA
 Originally Posted By: Guinness
1. HMs may be allowed to train some unique spells/skills related to their guild. Make few to choice from, but you can train only 1 from the list.
I still like this idea a lot. Especially the part of choosing only one from a list - seems to make a specialized character to me (a necromancer who specializes in improving pets over making them, a tinker who specializes in armour forging rather than runes, a nightblade who specializes in poison rather than distance spells, a chaotic-lord who specializes in... uhh... puppy kicking?)

#1506 - 03/20/08 12:49 PM Re: If no Pwipe - Ideas for HM/High Level characte [Re: Cerberus]
Ganelon
Unregistered

I'd like kitty kicking. I could go onto the world map and kick every lion and panther I meet there ;\)
#1508 - 03/20/08 01:16 PM Re: If no Pwipe - Ideas for HM/High Level characte [Re: ]
Minstrel Offline
journeyman

I suppose it could be a bit like "elite classes." You have all the base guilds, and then when you reach HM, you have the ability (assuming you have the necessary skill level and pre-requisites) to train something not available to the rest of the guild. It could either be one spell/skill, or one path which might lead to several spells/skills, but disallow spells/skills from other elite paths.

Two obvious paths for an enchanter, for example, might be weapon-crafting and armour-crafting. Or it could be more specialized than that, even...blade artificers, blunt artificers, etc.

Nightblades could have paths that allow for more powerful, varied poisons, or theme-appropriate blade spells, or more illusionism spells that give various combat effects.

It's generally a fun system in other games. Might be fun in Darke.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Hop to:
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
83 Members
33 Forums
335 Topics
2543 Posts

Max Online: 277 @ 01/07/23 02:30 AM

Generated in 0.019 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.