Who's Online
0 registered and 4 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
Mog, GreenGems, Minzuki, evaker, juffsion
83 Registered Users
Top Posters
Cerberus
Charon
MacTORG
Kim
carmy
Muod
Shadowraith
Minstrel
sabu
Rancid
Recent Topics
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#981 - 12/21/07 11:32 AM Re: Crafted Items Auction House [Re: Shadowraith]
Muod Offline

Loc: MA/CA
well if you had to put a deposit up to auction something and if the item didnt sell then you would loose the deposit, and length you want item up for sale determines the amount. hell could even make it if you decide to auction something longer then a week and it doesn't sell, the auction company keeps it then puts it in there own shop. but personally i'd rather see player run shops then an auction house.
#983 - 12/21/07 01:00 PM Re: Crafted Items Auction House [Re: Muod]
Charon Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto, ON
Good idea Muod.

Put an item up for auction with a starting bit of 2000 mcgrail and a "buyout" of 40k. You'd have to in this case put up a deposit of say 1k (I'd make the deposit 1k or 20% of the starting bid, whichever is greater) and if your items sells the AH could keep the deposit or 5% of the selling price. Whichever is greater.

Would be able to be able to sell 'sets' of equipment, say a suit of armour, or a couple of weapons.

One AH would be able to be a player-run store for all players.. and could be a 1 stop shop for ingots, weapons and armour.

Of course people could still buy direct from tink-chanter.

#1040 - 01/15/08 11:20 AM Re: Crafted Items Auction House [Re: ]
Daniel Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Guinness

Usually, they put their prices at Akkad tower allowing others to know who to ask for crafting...

True, but I personally figure that tower board has ancient posts. Majority of the time that I check those work logs at enchanter and tinker guilds I find that I was inactive long enough that some tinker came along, mastered some forging and some runes did some business and then went inactive, all happening during my inactivity.
Then I come back and need to build up again. So I ask around who to go to.
Thats my general approach to getting tinked goods. Always ask around.

Additional idea for the auction house idea. The NPC auctioneers would disclose to you in full detail the magical properties of the equipment. I can then take it on their authority and not have to be ripped off by a clever chanter who tells me they put *6 TA when in truth its only *3.

The added assurance of "certified" equipment would certainly bring us non-magic-detecting folks some nice peice of mind.

#1043 - 01/15/08 11:49 AM Re: Crafted Items Auction House [Re: Daniel]
Cerberus Administrator Offline
addict

Loc: Arlee, MT, USA
I absolutely hate in all ways the idea PCs would get the assurances of NPCs on magic quality to a level PCs can't access.

Other than that though it sounds like a specialized player store, which I think could be fun.

#1045 - 01/15/08 03:51 PM Re: Crafted Items Auction House [Re: Cerberus]
carmy Offline

Loc: South Korea
Nod, the NPC detecting magical properties opens the auction house to loads of abuse of all kinds.

I think the NPC could 'show' a player the item, and if the player had detect magic, would be able to see what was on it that way.

I don't think there should really be an advantage to shopping at the auctioneer other than convenience.

#1054 - 01/17/08 11:23 AM Re: Crafted Items Auction House [Re: carmy]
Charon Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto, ON
I think it all comes back to the idea of a player-run store.

My ideal store would be similar to a shopkeeper store, without trade lore factoring into the pricing and without customers being able to sell things (although this might be an interesting idea to play with).

I think perhaps a description of the item would be good, one that the selling player puts up. They could list a sword as "mabril with *6 tw and 3 greater ess blade plasma locks".

Perhaps the person can be 'shown' it by the mob with 100% detect magic but the rest of the properties (power levels, etc) should be left a mystery.

If the shop owner is dishonest, news will spread quick and nobody will buy from their store.

I would imagine that setting up a store would not be cheap and certainly not worth buying to rip one or two people off.

Edited by Charon (01/17/08 11:24 AM)

#1684 - 04/03/08 06:35 PM Re: Crafted Items Auction House [Re: Shadowraith]
Madoc Offline

The solution I came up with and half coded, was a shopkeeper mob that ran from a safe that had to be placed in a save room. You put the items you want to sell in the safe. Money is deposited in the safe. Gives the player complete control of what's on sale, yet its still lootable if you can get to the safe within the players castle. Built a generic 'store' and mob for it, got the safe mostly done, just needs a bit more work/polish. Was kind of sidetracked because someon had the damn good idea of being able to put these shoppies in castles instead of having shop spots in major citys like I was thinking.
#1692 - 04/04/08 07:34 AM Re: Crafted Items Auction House [Re: Madoc]
carmy Offline

Loc: South Korea
Why would anyone want to sell things out of their castle?
#1697 - 04/04/08 05:27 PM Re: Crafted Items Auction House [Re: carmy]
Madoc Offline

Well there would be 2 options, the shopkeeper would be located either in a city, or in a castle, castle based shopies would mostly be for people with 'open' castles. IE gaterunes in the foyer are a great way to deter customers;)
#1711 - 04/07/08 06:53 AM Re: Crafted Items Auction House [Re: Madoc]
Shadowraith Administrator Offline

If you still want to do an auction system, the change I made that allowed sending gold via mudmail was a forerunner test for sending items as well.

The system would work for that so that a daemon could send the won item via mail, no need for physical location of items, unless you want auctioning items to be stealable, in which case it wouldnt be used most likely.

Now you could make folks go to the auction house to drop off and pick up, setting them up for ambushes if they hang out in there perusing things.

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Hop to:
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
83 Members
33 Forums
335 Topics
2543 Posts

Max Online: 277 @ 01/07/23 02:30 AM

Generated in 0.023 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.