This seemed like a logical extension of this thread. My apologies if it isn't.

We all know that muds have been in decline for years, MMORPGs are surging in popularity and the old vanguard has moved on to children and other venues for their fun. What we don't know is how we can gain a larger share of those who do still mud.

Obviously we will be keeping Darke's distinct flavor, but we'd like to get the word out to old Darke players, or even gather new steam somewhere. What can we do to help this?

Ideas I've gathered to this point include:
  • Periodical newsletters - sent out to all the emails we've had registered to players at some point during Darke's history
  • Social networking site groups - facebook is probably more likely to have our sort of people than myspace
  • Mudconnector reviews - We used to do this, but I have no information on its viability
  • Word of Mouth - Tell your friends!
Do any of these sound like they're worth pursuing? Is there anything you would add to this list? How did you get involved on Darke, and have you turned anyone on to the place yourself?

I think our numbers have picked up to pre-holiday levels again, but I'd like to see them pick up well beyond that. Wouldn't you?