I don't intend to be rude, but I think your comments are completely niave. Not because you intend to be but you clearly either aren't playing lately, or aren't capable of taking on the perspective of a: new players or b: players who haven't been here for 8 years and have ridiculous stored gear capabilities (or insert however they have access)
---
1) A loss of interaction and bartering. When one or two players can completely supply their own needs, there is little need to negotiate with others.
What bartering are you talking about? We have 1 active armour tink, who charges 1 MILLION mcgrail to have a thranx armour suit crafted (this doesn't even count TA and fort costs). Not because he's a dick, but because _he can_ he's the only show in town, we have no choice. How long do you think it takes to earn 1 million mcgrail? Forget weapons and anything else. There is no bartering because there is no player base. There are exactly 0.0 weapon crafters that are active. This means weapons and weapon runes are 100% unavailable on this mud. How can you even think this proposal has a negative side effect in this area when these resources simply aren't available, *period* to be bartered for, and mcgrail has absolutely no value because of it. Do you expect someone to spend 1,000 hours, earning mcgrail just to get laen crafted which can be looted in 20 seconds? Get real. All of your arguments in this debate fall completely flat i the face of darkemud reality.
---
2) A reduction in full time crafters. Why play a tinker/chanter when everyone has an alt to switch to make their own things? This will harm newbies the most, since they are the ones most in need of the "usuals" being around.
This will benefit newbies most. I just restaretd after 1.5 years (dorne/corsix) and the only reason I'm even capable of playing is because some random guy I didn't know donated gear to me. The only enchanter/tinekr that could chant and make weps and high end stuff was removed for multiplaying (justified, but crushign to those of us who have not)
---
3) Devaluation of crafting labor. Granted, the cms system combined with the ability to craft and fight simultaneously has already made most crafting essentially free. But this is just the final nail in the coffin.
Devaluation of labor? I'm having to pay 170,000 mcgrail for 9 armour runes that take probably 8 minutes to do. Again, do you even play this game? Or are you just talking theory craft here?
---
4) Favors those with greater play time excessively. At least before you could play a guild with few players and be useful. Now, those guys who can mud 150 hours a week will have an alt in your guild that will render you pointless.
What interactive game in existance doesn't reward those who play more often than others? I don't see how this comment applies to anything in this thread.
---
5) Removes an incentive to convince a friend to play. No need to convince a friend to come play a chanter when you can just make one as an alt.
You're acting like every player who plays darke is going to be inclined to have 6 or 7 alts at level 30+ to suit every possible need and scenario. Not to mention the fact that you can't lock from your own hiatus enchanter, (amoung other things)
---
In addition, I question the validity of your justification for this change. You make it sound as though the essential equipment for play is being monopolized and is hard to acquire. But in reality, tinkers are the most common guild and convincing them to make things isn't -that- challenging, especially if you're actually willing to pay for it. Enchanters, while certainly an added bonus, are not essential for survival, and there's a decent number of them too. And remember, you already have the option to hiatus to a different guild if there's something you just can't live without - the restriction of you having to play them for a while only helps the market if there's truly a shortage of that good.
I'm just throwing out this entire paragraph here at the end as, well....see the above. I really am not trying to insult you but it's hard to have a basis for debate when you don't seem to grasp the basic realities of the game we're both playing.