Onslaught's plight is no different than any other new player, so it is not that unique. I too, would love to have a weapon crafted, or better armor made, but as a new player, I have no chance of getting that done because I have VERY limited ways of making money (I am an enchanter, but don't have any high level enchants yet and I can't kill anything to earn the cash via combat). Have you started a new character in the last few days? If not, then I have to say you are out of touch with how it is getting started.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that this solution be permanent, and never changed or modified. So this is not a long-term solution, only short term. I can say, it is hard to recruit new players when you give them very little to start with, and no way to ever 'get the good stuff'.

Your brainstorms are ok, but not a tangible solution, with the exception of the NPCs, which would have to either a) be so expensive to be prohibitive again, or b) cheap enough to use, that it would continue to devalue crafting/economy.

Creating spells in other classes is a BAD idea, then no one would need anyone else, and all your complaints against reducing the hiatus time apply to this arguments, but even more.

Player shops are a cool idea, as long as there are players available to put stuff up there and for prices that are reasonable and do not continue to trash the economy. Again, this is our problem.

I think lowering the hiatus time is a good idea, linking all the hiatus timers together so you will always have to wait the specific time, I think 1 day is too short, I would lean towards 3-7 days, with 5 being my choice. You still have the max hiatus character rules and levels, which could be modified as well.

Just my 2 cents...well maybe 1, I will post more later I suspect.

Valens