Originally Posted By: Byakko
Fighting is NOT a craft. Rather, it is an area of training, but this area of training has been specifically broken off into its own category: Combat. We could also break off other area of training, such as "Metal-Working", etc, etc, etc, but for simplicity we have lumped all OTHER areas of mundane training into a category called "Specialized".
I disagree. Simple fighting, as exemplified by the 'attack', weapon, and defensive skills are all the Combat level entails. Anything that goes beyond the scope of these basics I consider specialized - mundane training that happens to deal with harming others physically or augmenting the combat round as the Magic level can do.

I understand the view you're presenting here and disagree with you. Since it's only my opinion there's no reason not to argue your side, but I don't foresee being swayed. Balance is more difficult without keeping combat slimmed and specialized skills in the special category. Dance of Daggers isn't a combat skill, but whirlwind attack is? The argument of course works both ways, but I prefer my view... well... because it's mine. I've thought it through and found it neither lacking nor objectionable.