Originally Posted By: Lorthag
... wouldn't it make more sense to put the quests back at least for now, for nothing else than to get people into the areas that no one goes into anymore?
This can be viewed in at least two ways: a) Quests bring people to explore areas. 2) Quests are solved immediately without attention being paid to the are they're in once the solution is known. When I first joined Darke I was taken on a whirlwind QP gaining session by following a player to each area and typing in what I was told to type in. I knew nothing of the area before or after that, and in some cases I solved quests that were in areas I never returned to. All of this leads me to be in the camp of 2).

Originally Posted By: Lorthag
I am sure you can see that some well coded areas, are not even getting a look for one reason or another, and at least that would spread out the mud a little more.
Without an adventurer's hall with rewards to redeem QPs for, would anyone bother to solve the quests? One of the reasons for a lack of quests is the imbalance in rewards. Someone who buys extra HB for instance is much better off than someone who buys extra AC. So rewards would have to be dreamed up and balanced as well.

In general, seeking to 'spread out the mud' by implementing single-use quests seems like a foolish notion to me. Even if some players do go out of their way to explore and solve these quests, by virtue of their one-of nature that area is no more attractive once the quest is complete.