Originally Posted By: Lorthag
Dragon Engines are broke- They have the same benefit if made with iron or any other ingot. The idea behind dragon engines is that they would get the crits from the ingot you used to make them.
So far I'm finding this isn't true, though the only easily discernible differences (crit types from physical attacks, armour bonuses, etc) may have been overridden via changes to the inherited pet/monster files over the years. I'd rather take a deeper look later - my idea has been to change enchanter pets to be mech-style suits that enchanters can make/own/control only one of and get into. If there's sufficient interest (and I manage to complete some of my current area building projects) I'll revisit them just to make them usable. Seriously not interested though, and mud work is usually best when there's some interest to the programmer.

Aggro C/L demons- Have been bugged by me back when I was a CL 10 years ago, ganelon bugged them 3 times he said and I have bugged them once.
I'm not interested in what was done outside of a time frame in which I'd have been involved. If something is broken, has been broken, and needs to be fixed regardless of when it got broken bug report it. If it's still broken weeks or months later, bug report it again.

This is fixed now. It took all of 15 minutes (including testing and debugging) to do. No reason that bug reporting it 3 times while there's no active administration should stop you from re-reporting continuing issues when there is someone actively soliciting bugs to fix.
Locks limit the weapons- Right now people have 300++ wield and only can lock something upto 223. Also if you can bind demons on top of the locks so you can get the wield upto like 250-260, when the locks wear off you can't relock them on cause the wield is showing too high.
This isn't a bug, but there's a full-on discussion for it here.

NPCs that are knocked down can still cast- I am NOT wrong on this I have seen both demons I have summoned and the Priest in SAAK do it several times. They do not immediately stand back up, in fact Mactorg put a post that said some mobs will stay down for 2-3 rounds sometimes. The function I am talking about is that they are actually on the ground and cast a spell at you.
I'll need to see this happen live in order to delve any further into this. Excepting particular mobs who use their own cast routines, it is 100% completely impossible to cast while in any position other than standing. Most mobs use the standard mortal 'cast' command in order to begin spells and the cast command checks for whether your body position is standing. If it's not, the command fails and your spell can not be cast. Happy to look further in to it, but I'll need something to go on in order to discover whether this is a property of the individual mob or a bug.
C/Ls and other guilds are magic users.. at a certain point they should be able to be able to read magic cast on weapons and being cast at them. The basic magic understanding that every magic guild must have to cast magic, should at some point make them able to at least check the aura of a weapon or armour and see what spell is being cast at them, even if they don't know how to cast it.
I mean before it is cast, not when or after it is cast.
The skill 'spell sense' accomplishes what you're talking about. It isn't available to semi-caster guilds, but I don't see any reason why it couldn't be a world lore skill with Madoc's changes (Madoc's changes to spell sense were to allow you to sense the 'type' of spell being cast rather than the exact spell if you don't have that spell.) I'd be interested in discussions of opinions on this.

GM's have no benefit-
Back a while ago GM's could summon and trans with their amulet. That was a decent ability that was not a Stellar piece of equipment.
Summon and trans are couched among the most powerful effects in the game. Other avenues will have to be pursued if you're interested in me taking a look at this.

Monks- Kill the guild it is a waste of space on someones hard drive, if no one wants to take it seriously.
No. This flies directly in the face of what I do - I modify and add, I don't remove. In fact, one of your strongest complaints (and incidentally, one of my pet peeves on a mud) is the removal of the mud's unique content. If some wizard comes along some day and wants to make monks their pet project that'd be ideal. Of course that can't happen if there's no monk guild and/or no player push for a serious overhaul.