Originally Posted By: Lorthag
Dragon Engines are broke- They have the same benefit if made with iron or any other ingot. The idea behind dragon engines is that they would get the crits from the ingot you used to make them.
 Originally Posted By: Cerberus
So far I'm finding this isn't true, though the only easily discernible differences (crit types from physical attacks, armour bonuses, etc) may have been overridden via changes to the inherited pet/monster files over the years. I'd rather take a deeper look later - my idea has been to change enchanter pets to be mech-style suits that enchanters can make/own/control only one of and get into. If there's sufficient interest (and I manage to complete some of my current area building projects) I'll revisit them just to make them usable. Seriously not interested though, and mud work is usually best when there's some interest to the programmer.
I'd still like to revisit the idea of enchanter pets completely, but it's looking more and more like that's not going to happen any time soon. In lieu of a true overhaul, this has been fixed to work as expected.