Wanted to update this as I work on them. Real life is limiting the time I spend coding, but here's how far I've gotten.
 Originally Posted By: Cerberus

illuminate blade: This spell causes a weapon in the caster's possession to illuminate as per the "light" spell. This effect can be extinguished via the "extinguish" command.

- Due to limitations of the enchantment system, this spell has been retooled. It now accepts a duration argument rather than an "extinguish" command.

veil of mirrored steel: This spell is cast upon a weapon that is wielded by the caster. As long as that weapon remains wielded, and the spell's duration has not expired, the caster is invisible to the outside world. This invisibility can even last through short bursts of combat, but never extended fights. Occasionally the hum of the caster's weapon parting the light as it moves will be audible to anyone in the room with them, which can be a dead giveaway that a sword-mage behind a veil of mirrored steel is present, though it will not break the illusion.

- This spell is proving immensely difficult to code properly. Still working on it.

combat caltrops: This spell allows the sword-mage to cast an illusion on their weapon, causing the opponent to see the weapon quickly deteriorate during combat. The weapon's destruction seems to leave shards on the battlefield that only hurt those fighting the sword-mage.

- This spell acts, in effect, as a damage shield. It also acts as a protection spell against the "weapon-break" damage type.

Edited by Cerberus (07/16/09 01:27 PM)