Interesting idea.

The problem with all pets is they were designed in the past with the original combat system. They were pretty tough at the time. A matter of fact a room full of Draco liches and a necro were almost unstoppable. It was the only thing that really made necros worth while. This is not the case anymore. A matter of fact a dracolich is a superior pet to a nethergeist and takes half the time. I have 2 pure casters. 1) They are worthless in combat.(sorry Din) 2) Really most of the pets are worthless, besides mana pets and draco-liches.

Since the inception of all guilds the combat system has been drastically increased while the pets, their combat skills and the pure casters combat skills have not been modified. Semi-casters and pure fighters have been given massive bonuses to combat. Of course, pure casters still have to do combat and are virtually worthless at it. This has left all pets and pet users with an extreme disadvantage. To add insult to injury combat was increased more and more while full casters; elementalist, necromancers and enchanters, were left at their original abilities. Exponential this made those three guilds extremely under power and neglected.

Consequently, I think there needs to be a solution explored that would keep the focus of pure casters as pure casters; but cure the problems with their complete inability to do combat, while maintaining balance.

The idea I think would make most sense is to make their ability to do "decent" combat contingent upon the completion and mastery of their magical abilities. With the pure casters it is rather simple. The three pure casters; with out haste, all use pets. If those three guilds got a level 40 pet that they could borrow a haste like spell from, it would offer a solution. Of course, I would argue they would need all spells to level *6 before they could train such pet and the pet would have to be *6 to borrow the haste like spell from.

This would maintain balance because it would take an extremely long time for them to get the pet. This would keep semi-casters and pure fighters at an extreme advantage in the combat arena for 2 reasons. 1) The combat bonus semi-casters and pure fighters get for combat development points. 2)The fact it would takes an extremely long time for a pure caster to even get their haste spell.

-Rancid