Why would hasted combat not take into account the number of limbs? If that was the case no one would ever choose to be a thranx and those characters that have a thranx character would be entitled to a reinc considering they built their characters off the current system.

I think the real issue is a matter of balance for characters that do not get a haste currently. I have been using the haste stone in Din's area, which is not 100%, with my characters that dont get haste for a while. Its a pain in the ass but its what it is.

The way to balance it is to give pure casters a pet that gives them certain combat spells at higher levels. This discussion was broached many moons ago and is still a valid solution, every pure caster that has issues with no haste have pets that are totally worthless but could be put to good use in the application of a haste solution for these classes. There are many cool potentials with this idea that were discussed then. The best I heard of during that time was a single, "master" pet for pure casters that can lead the rest of the casters pets, buffing them and making the group much more powerful. Considering 15 pets can not come close to standing up against a single player character at higher levels it would solve two problems. One it would make pets viable again (which currently spending 72 real life hours making necro pets is a waste of time which is pathetic), two it would give pure casters the ability to get a version of haste which would make combat more entertaining and easier to do once they make some obscene magic level. As the discussion went before this would be a single, "master" pet. You can only have one in a room at a time and they are none transferable as a pet.

It would be awesome if more than one character was required to wipe an entire kill room of pets in a castle again. I remember the day when 5 dracoliches would kill anyone. Vytek, Sagan, Zanth anyone. Those days are long gone. 5 dracoliches are funny these days. It was neat when an actual party was required to take out a room full of pets with its master. I would love to see a return to that.

One a seperate note, Thieves need their dance of daggers fixed. From my understanding its not really worth a shit as a haste and that needs to be fixed in this process. Thieves have been shorted for too long.