Originally Posted By: Azarepth
In the long run, whatever imbalances exist now are going to get worked out as things get fixed up. If we pwipe now, chances are good that new changes will help -some guild- level quicker than others. If a pwipe is the solution now, will it be the solution then too?

No, a pwipe isn't the solution later on. Nobody would want to play if that were the case. There are many proposed changes at the moment, and some of them are impacting the game that a reinc, or a 1/2 reinc or any other options don't seem fair to me. I honestly don't see the problem here, as the people with the most to lose are the ones that are for it for the most part.

What needs to be considered, is that one admin, Nevin, showed up, and made some very serious changes very quickly, and never, at least from a player's perspective, followed through with any of his plans, and kind of left the MUD in some sort of limbo. Because the buffers were removed and some other silly changes, some players were able to level insanely fast. It doesn't seem fair, that because you picked a guild with insane leveling power, you should be able to progress to a point of power 10x more quickly than some other guilds.

I think a pwipe with some of the proposed changes will level the playing field. I'm not saying things are going to be perfect, if they were, we wouldn't need admin at all, now would we? :P