Who's Online
0 registered and 13 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
Mog, GreenGems, Minzuki, evaker, juffsion
83 Registered Users
Top Posters
Cerberus
Charon
MacTORG
Kim
carmy
Muod
Shadowraith
Minstrel
sabu
Rancid
Recent Topics
Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2223 - 10/02/08 01:37 PM a good read
MacTORG Administrator Offline
Keeper of the Elder Eddas
enthusiast

Loc: Oregon
found this on the shimmering board in south akkad. what do you think?
 Quote:
Greetings, I am the Admin here and the Site Admin as well.

This is an old mud that has been running since 93 and has had its ups and downs every other year or so but I am hoping to make this year a good year of growth. I am planning to take a proactive stance on all upgrades and additions to this mud to the point that politics will be handled by the players while the admins and wizards just do fixes and updates and additions. This might sound cruel but it is needed, we can't baby site everything all the time and expect to get anything done on this mud. So it is time to get out of the crib and start walking while we start fixing up the play room for you to use. So if you have issues with this please take this into consideration: We are all adults here and if you can't take someone telling you something or doing something to you, either fight back or take it. If you can't fight back pay someone to do it, or wait and build up your power and do it yourself. I want to have role play here, and have fun, but to get these bugs down and get the additions in, we are going to have to consolidate our position and remove our self from a few aspects of the mud. So the areas we are not going to be involved in are as follows:

1. Name calling or verbal abuse will get a random response based on what is going on. If it is on open chats chatter beware, some admins don't mind while others do, please use the adult and war channels.

2. If you don't want the abuse put them on your tell block.

3. We will not reimb anything at all. At this point, the tinkers need more work. As well as enchanters

4. More later as I get the list going.

#2289 - 11/08/08 11:54 AM Re: a good read [Re: MacTORG]
MacTORG Administrator Offline
Keeper of the Elder Eddas
enthusiast

Loc: Oregon
what do you guys think of this??? is it doable??

#2293 - 11/10/08 07:11 AM Re: a good read [Re: MacTORG]
Cerberus Administrator Offline
addict

Loc: Arlee, MT, USA
Totally doable -- except for reimbs. We don't have a system that recognizes its own failures and logs them, and equipment is 100% needed in order to do anything so it's hard to say no reimbs or people will lose heart and quit.

Also I think we should add an extension to the ignore command so you don't see chat line messages of ignored people and then we can stop babysitting player events.

#2296 - 11/10/08 02:32 PM Re: a good read [Re: Cerberus]
Minstrel Offline
journeyman

Are rules violations like botting considered "player events?" If you leave that to player-enforced justice, it is essentially making botting legal for those who are powerful enough to be beyond player reprisals.
#2297 - 11/11/08 07:18 AM Re: a good read [Re: Minstrel]
Cerberus Administrator Offline
addict

Loc: Arlee, MT, USA
Since the final result for botters is to be ridded, I would guess it would stay the same. Players would report suspected bots and admin would still have to rid them.

Page 1 of 1 1

Hop to:
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
83 Members
33 Forums
335 Topics
2543 Posts

Max Online: 277 @ 01/07/23 02:30 AM

Generated in 0.02 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.