That's exactly what I meant.

To me, the command "time" is not an in-game indicator as I'd like to see them. I would like to see a clock tower in a particular town. Another idea I've had are hardcoded events that happen each mud week, or month, as another in-game indicator of the time. How about a lycanthropy-as-a-communicable-disease system? Maybe city mobs have more money right after monthly pay, less near the end of the month?

This is not to say that the time command should go. I happen to think it's quite believable to think everyone is able to keep track of simple things like calendars. I am, however, curious as to whether or not I'm alone in wanting to see some real game changes from our many timing systems.

Sure we've got sun up and down, and weather, but does anyone pay attention to these? Does it do anything beyond change shopkeeper inventory? Is there any reason to think that with the sort of noticable changes we have there should be something noticable in the game to correspond to those changes?

I might be alone on this one, but I think it's worth going out on a limb for. If there's support for it, I think it would be great to explore it as creative headspace. Anyone else have thoughts on the topic?