Originally Posted By: Charon
The bars/pubs would be more crowded at the end of the week and there might be brawls. Drinks might be half price one day and guards in that town might not be as effiective the following day from a hangover.

Castle/mine upkeep might be more expensive in the wintertime since you have to heat them.
I really like the idea of bars and pubs being more crowded on certain days, and upkeep and building prices changing based on seasons. Who really builds a castle in the dead of winter, after all? Only the most obscenely rich excentric fools, I would guess. That'll potentially make winter likely a better time for robbing people, as they'll keep their cash on hand in order to save a few mcgail. I really think these continuities are important to making a place more than a dead zone.
 Originally Posted By: Muod
I wouldn't mind seeing a travelling merchant that arrived at each town once a week and sold random magical and unique goodies, even if they didn't do anything other then to say you have it, like magical rings that change color or something simple and cosmetic or amulets that maybe can create food or water, nothing super powerful but like small things, like nothing above a level 5 effect imo. create light (like darkestaff), create food/water etc, I know that was a bit off topic, but the idea came as i read about having more people in bars at night, which i like that idea. maybe some areas just have more people at night and less during day etc
Again, great! Traveling merchants, bards who sing tales, refugees from battles with news of changes in areas and the like all serve to keep a place simmering with life even if there's not much going on. The merchant travelers in particular would be neat, especially if their wares weren't accessable in any static shops. I've got a pet project for magical effects in arms and armour already, so I'd think we can get some basic stuff happening over the course of this year.
 Originally Posted By: MacTORG
That would make the towns more alive. have the gates close but for the seedy ones. or have guards ask more questions? or have different stores open at night than during the day.

have mobs go around and light the laterns in the city.

can make it feel alot more alive with that kinda stuff
These city wide events would certainly make cities more inviting - closing the gates (to gated cities, anyway) if a known killer is approaching, lantern-lighting mobs, guards that patrol. If we can get someone to program an extremely modular mob AI of some sort (my ideas on this are flimsy, though I'll try my hand at it once I've gotten my current projects under wraps) it would be a breeze to do this in every city, and make new cities to boot!

I for one am really excited about Darke, and I'm glad to see even some of our diehards aren't giving up on making us more attractive and interactive. Thank you guys for being involved, we all really appreciate it.