The cutting crit table existed before bleeding. It is just a simple fact that it was a long time before bleeding was added in and knives, swords etc had cutting crits. So either bleeding was added to the cutting crit table or else it was coded completely independently.

Secondly, as we were discussing earlier in the forum the fatality crit could simply be said to send you to the realm of marghuul or something similiar. The equipment scattered across the mud is ridiculous and would of course would be removed. It has been 10 years since I have seen all the crits but; I remember enjoying all the crits my locks produced not just fatality etc. It could be changed to an endless amount of different permutations of the original. The only limit is one's imagination. The idea is to use existing code to allow the people who actually work on it to not have to start over from scratch. I am certain there are quite a few crits that could be kept or slightly augmented to save time and add to the quality of the mud.