Making the items stealable during auctionbrings up many problems.

1. Nobody will ever auction anything. Ever. Easier to spam bid and keep it in a random inn room.

2. Programming a mob to move around, get into any castle, avoid runes and pets, be scryproof, be able to pick up a specific item, realistically not be followable or scryable or killabe would make it by far the most complex mob ever written to do the same job that a saveroom can do.

I'm not sure why everybody is making a big deal over an item not being lootable for a few days while being sold. I'll give a few examples of things that are at least temporarily unlootable/killable.

1. Items on a person while they are logged out. When this started people claimed if was the end. Everybody would lift their entire castles as they logged out and be unlootable.

2. Pets in an undead dimension.

3. Money in the bank.

If we make a lootable auctionhouse it would have the same effect as having everybody save room having a locked door to TS. Even if said door took a thief 4 hours to pick you can bet at least a few people would be logging in naked and nobody would use that features. Likewise if the bank was lootable why would anybody use it?

The bank charges a fee for security, the auctionhouse or store could do the same.