It's great that everyone can form opinions based on a handful of words, but I think it's clear that degredation of items is a drawback of some note. I'd really appreciate it if some of you would spend the time to test the changes and provide feedback based on the system being considered at this point.

Without feedback the changes will go in and may not be acceptable at first, which may lead to a poor time for everyone. It is my sincere hope that we can completely avoid testing in the live system, but this means people will have to take part in testing done before we go live. As of today, there are up to three wizard testers and one or two player testers who have contributed. Please take the time to register valid feedback, as your concerns aren't falling on deaf ears though they do need to be based on the system to be helpful.

Even if you don't feel you're well-versed enough in the ins and outs of Darkemud's combat, your opinion is valuable. These are example concerns that can be raised without any real attentiveness on the part of the player: It's interrupting my enjoyable play experience to have to run for repairs every 3 minutes, how about every 15 minutes? - I'm seeing too many full dodges and not enough partial dodges when fighting a goblin of the same level as me. - Fights against mobs the same level as me are resulting in me having to run away a lot, so I think mobs are doing more damage than they should be.

Of course, the more attentive the better: Using haste (2 attacks)against a mob with 2 attacks per round that I parry 100% of the time I'm getting approximately six and a half minutes of combat in with my catoetine short sword before it starts to give the wear warning. That's just about 400 swings between the two of us, which is far too low to be enjoyable. - While flying my partial/full dodge ratio is about 5:1 out of 50 swings against my opponent, but while resting it's about 1:3. That seems backwards to me. - Mobs my level are doing between 40-80 damage per swing (10% of my hps) against full laen armour with physical protection rune and no enchantments. This seems excessive to me considering they don't even have mineral weapons.

This combat recode is about a lot of things, including realism and fun. So while I'm more than happy to track down bugs, addressing the balance of fun and excitement from combat is the real goal. Please help to instill your own views of what is fun to do, see, and discover by giving feedback. Thanks to all those who have helped so far.