Mactorg asked me to post this hear. I've brooched the issue with madoc as well.

This mud doesn't properly function without a player base, but more importantly, a character base. With so few players, each person is virtually a monopoly in anything they choose to do. This discourages competition, interaction, and all around fun in playing the mud. And that is assuming that someone is even filling a necessary role (can you say no weapon tinker in existance that plays?)

This is devestating to the survival of Darke in so many ways, and who can disagree?

I've talked with admins in detail about the pluses and minuses of allowing alts, and right now there's a 37 day delay in hiatus system.

I've proposed either removing this down to 1 day 2 days 7 days, something drastically more reasonable, and easing up on the rules on hiatus to allow more variation and production and economy in the mud. You can't hope to attract new players when they can level all the way to high mortal using an iron weapon because no weapon tinkers exist. The excuse of "well there's crafted items out there" really is a sad excuse. We all want to encourage activity,interaction and fun on the mud, let's open this up so resources are more readily available.

Let's greatly tune down or eliminate the hiatus. Let people have 3-5 people in hiatus and give them a 1-7 day turnaround in changing their characters. 37 days is eternity in mud life, and there just is NOT enough people on darke to support a realistic economy that it needs to be truely enjoyable.

Please post your thoughts. I think Madoc implied that he liked the idea, but wanted more feedback. mactorg referred me to post here too.

Onslaught