True it would be more of a bennifit to have others come and play and help out with things.

it is a nasty point of any mud, automate more and have npc produce better products or find players via advertizing and other avenues to bring players on board. I am working on a new front page for darkemud.com and doing some local advertizing at the local college here in my town. I will keep this mud going for a long time and we are not going anyplace, and if things work out well, my sons will keep the server going even longer than I will.

I know some of this issue is because of a system crash that causes equipment to be lost. if it wasn't for the iron issue to all restored equipment from backups it wouldn't be to bad of an issue. but I would think we should beable to fix that in another way. have it restore from backups automatically via an lpc and external command that will put the right files in the right location directly on live without doing all the manual unarchiving and copy over of the objects and room data.

I think I am off topic a little bit..

but what can we do to either fix this issue of equipment requirements or recovery of the equipment from backups. I can do some stuff for the recovery of items from backup, but it is a major task because I don't think we have external cmds working with this version of the driver. so it would have to be something that is ran every so often like we do for the emailing of passwords.

as for advertizing that is something I am willing todo and even put a magnetic sign on my car around town!

anything to promote things, but at the same time we have things that need fixing and if we get an influx of players and then piss them off with bugs then we lose a chance.

ok, enough random chats from me.

what do you think?