Darke is a wonderful mud. It's also wonderfully broke. The most recent travesty was the exp-change where people are making literally double or more exp than they used to. We have players out there now with 50+ combat, it's comical.

I hiatus my fighter and made a CL and I'm going to hit 30 combat before I hit 20 magic. WTF is that about? This not only totally unbalanced what was already an unbalanced game, unfortunately it totally widens the gap between the strong guilds and the guilds that only reason for existing is to gear them up.

Everything seems backwards, even at low levels, you sputter sputter sputter and get higher and everything is automatic and easy. All classes are the same, in which, we all simply ahve different versions of spelling ourselves up and combat leveling consists of utterly nothing but watching swings go by.

Unfortuatnely the ExP issue can't be resolved without a revert and a pwipe which I doubt will ever happen (too bad though). The guild problems should seriously be looked at.

There's only a small handful of guilds that even matter in pvp. Not to mention the leveling exp differential is so gigantic. How can people be competitive with each other (and let's not fool ourslelves, muds don't get popular if they aren't competitive) when 1 guild makes 2 million magic exp an hour and another makes 600k? esp when the first is a hybrid? There's just gigantic logic problems but I think they can be fixed with the proper application of game knowledge to the guilds.

we should all put our heads together and come up with rebalances for each and every guild to promote a more competitive field. This would be ridiculously easy to do. I can certainly give examples and pick a guild at random, and we all could for that matter.

Not only do we balance them exp wise, tactic wise, power wise (different, but each has roles) we can also make the gameplay different from guild to guild. What is chaotic about a chaotic-lord? Ironic that the only chaotic effects of demons at all are the lower level ones. For bonuses this good we should have all kinda fun and crazy things going on.

Elementalists could, instead of having lores, have random surges that automatically shift their elements throughout a day and the spells they ahve available at any given point in time and their offensive/defensive capabilities fluctuate via those elements. There's so many small things we could do to liven the game up. Maybe everyone's happy thougH? I don't know.

Onslaught/Edge/Dorne/Hannibal