Originally Posted By: Kim
"Give everyone more power" is heading down the DBR2 route, where things goes ridicolous.

Autocrits is possibly the biggest nerf possible. It would render all defense skills useless.

DBR was a steriod man on crack; thats too much. The point I was trying to make was that there are players that have dedicated lots of free time to making characters. That time would be wasted if suddenly, the guild gets "Balanced" into a point where its pointless. Point and case, that style of "player friendly" balance has been plaguing this mud for as long as I've played. Maybe we'd grow p-base if people knew there would be new things to be given, or that their highmortal character wont be debuffed into newbiedom. That my point. No to DBR ( which was sorta fun imo =) Yes to player friendly decisions.
 Originally Posted By: Cerberus
Shouldn't the way to improve the power available to players be by extending the higher level game? Sure, we'd need more areas/mobs/stuff in general but it is doable right?

For me, autocrits were the great equalizer - no matter who you were autocrits were the be-all-end-all of you. That being said, what if autocrits were reformatted to ignore a certain amount of armour rather than completely ignore all defenses? So instead of you swing your sword, they dodge, you get your plasma IK autocrit and they die... you have to connect with your blow, and then the autocrits are limited in the scope of what they can do - so no IKs, stuns > X are reduced to X, special effects don't happen (ie, no drop all), etc? Then you'd still be able to have an autocrit that would make you feel like you had a chance against the big bad so-and-so, and it would in some cases give you a real chance to do real damage, but wouldn't be as be-all-end-all as previous.

I like the idea! Gives randomness to combat, and yea, then everyone has a chance agaisnt the lvl 60 warrior. I guess in order to give clarity to my previous point would be this: Lets give the dude that likes to work out muscle milk rather than steroids, which are illegal.