Originally Posted By: Lorthag
Bring back alot of the old areas that really have no reason not to be in the system.
Every old area that's been removed (that I'm aware of) has been removed because it doesn't conform to the mud's theme, is bugged in some way, or has been reproduced on another mud. I won't be adding any old area without it being reviewed and revamped, both of which take time.

Kill whoever destroyed ash. Instead of completely making new areas, vamp up monsters and exp in existing areas that are not being used.
Whoever destroyed Ash no longer programs for Darke. Again, there's been a replacement/tune-up/new Ash in the pipe for over a year but it's unfinished and I haven't seen the wizard whose project it is in months. Improving existing areas is an option, but those projects are best left to new wizards to cut their teeth on. In general, I think working on our existing areas rather than adding wholly new places is the right route. It doesn't much work out though, as evident by the Grounds recode, and will likely be the case with the Ent Grove recode.

Who actually cares about the 'direction' of the mud, they were fun areas.
The guy with two thumbs who goes "eyyy" - this guy. If I didn't care about the mud's direction I wouldn't spend endless hours working on it. In fact, if I didn't care about the mud I wouldn't be involved with Darke at all. Or any mud for that matter. My preference is for table-top style roleplaying and I'd like to get to the point where we have wizards on live running RP events, dynamically altering the world and its NPC population.

Keep evolving the areas currently, try to add new ones, but it would take a fraction of the time improving areas vs new ones.
Areas evolve as ideas roll in and programmers make them realities. If you've got ideas as to how to improve current areas, I'm all ears. New wizard projects are 10 rooms (minimum, and recommended size) which is designed to allow for improvements and expansions to current areas. The problem tends to be new wizards want to do 100+ room areas and never finish them.

Quests are fun do to and if you put a renewable reward in there I tell you people would do them. I.E. to get a ring of strenght that will last 7 calender days you need to get 40 qps which would mean you had to do 4 different quests to get a total of 40 points.
The quest idea is already under way, and again it's simply a matter of coding time. Currently there is one active wizard (me) and a handful of semi-active programmers (0-10 hrs per week).

Just ideas!

Thank you for the ideas! Regardless of how they're responded to, the fact that you're actively participating is encouraging. What's more, once I've read something I can't unread it, so I do consider it when deciding how to proceed.