I think two things:

*The crafter guild as was proposed (merging the enchanting and tinking professions into one guild cross-trainable by anyone) was an interesting and inventive idea (though, a bit similar to WOW-style professions...I like Darke being different) but it removes two guilds that I feel have tremendous identity and were almost emblematic of what made Darke different. Player-crafting would still be retained, but the idea of players dedicating themselves to making interesting things would be lost.

*If we don't do that form of crafter guild, a pwipe isn't necessary. A reset is needed if enchanters and tinkers disappear, but it isn't otherwise. People suicide and hiatus huge characters all the time. I and friends of mine have deleted some of the biggest. The game and player base turns over continuously, a pwipe isn't needed to combat stagnation.

I love the fact that we have active admin and wizards now. I like that they are thinking about changes and listening to the players. The above is just my view on the biggest issues facing the game.