Signature Abilities -
  • High-Mortals used to be allowed unique enter/exit messages (Upon seeing the back of Malhavoc's Black-Hand as he entered, I knew I wanted to be a legend, back in the day). I'd say this isn't something to do so much as a perk.
  • I agree with Guinness, although I'd go a step further and have a wizard assigned to HM signature abilities. A HM concepts a skill/spell/item, the wizard codes the skill/spell/item, it is approved, and becomes the focus for some quest that the HM completes in order to obtain the skill/spell/ability.
City Founding - Cities are useless without things to draw folk to them. Only HMs should be able to found a city, and it should take both cash and experience. They should be able to purchase mob spawns (that give the HM no xp for hunting), shops (that carry wares at prices they dictate), and static items (fountains and message boards, places to pray at death, etc).

Worshipper Recruitment - I'd envision this as a jump-off point for a piety system for gods. HMs could recruit/convert mortals to their god's cause, and the HM would gain powers/abilities (think reduction of DC for followers, "ritual blessings" of present worshippers, special hit chances, special protection chances, instant-rez on death) for those who choose their worship and attribute it to the HM.